Jeep Insurance

thehemi

This question is geared toward people with older
Jeeps. Do you have normal coverage? Can you
get "classic" (read: cheap) coverage on an older
Jeep if it is not a high mileage vehicle?

I am curious how some of you insure an old Jeep.
Seeing as "liability" is the majority of normal rates
(at least around here)... getting normal coverage
just w/o "full" coverage does not $ave too much.
[addsig]

i have full coverage on my 84 cj-7. they are so easy to steal that it was worth it. better over insured than under.[addsig]

I've got liability coverage only. I feel pretty safe with "The club" and a viper alarm with kill switch. This is on a 1995 Jeep Wrangler. I know that if they really want to steal it, they will, but this will hold them up giving me time to get my shotgun. hehe. I am 23 yrs old, and full coverage would kill my bank account.
[addsig]

I have liability coverage on my 83 CJ7, it costs me $41 a month and I'm 22. I recieved a discount because I also have my house and R/T insurance with them. The R/T costs me $183 a month, full coverage, not sure about the house, but I like the multiple policy discount.[addsig]

I am about to be getting a house (thus room for
a Jeep project/toy) and my rates are going to be
dropping nicely once I combine all of the policies.
Just curious about "classic" insurance because I
see estimates for like $150-200/year. I believe
that my normal full coverage for a 3rd vehicle is
going to be roughly $400/year. Probably not big
enough of a difference to mess around w/ having
another insurance carrier (esp w/ their any limits).
[addsig]

I looked into Classic Car insurance for my 1972 Cutlass and I ended up going away from it because of the mileage and useage stipulations. All the ones I have seen have put mileage limits on it and useage limits such as certain storage requirement, to and from shows and events. I have a hard time believing they would let you ride some trails under that policy.[addsig]

I've got an 86CJ7 that I have a $10,000 policy on. It's from Farm Buerau. All I had to do was have the vehicle appraised and take some photos for their file. It cost me about 400-450 per year.

Mike[addsig]

Back