Jeep Lower Forty Concept

Icelia

What are your thoughts on the Lower Forty concept? Looks cool, but I don't think it would look right with anything but a JK (because of the already sloped grille and the windshield attachment, and the wider track)

It looks to me like a cross between a Jeep and a VW Dune Buggy

Attachments

• image-1139092995.png
    image-1139092995.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 550
  • image-1002798418.png
    image-1002798418.png
    338.7 KB · Views: 3,289
  • image-316801477.png
    image-316801477.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 512
  • image-2046039320.png
    image-2046039320.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 632

i don;t think i would like to replace 20" tires

superj said:
i don;t think i would like to replace 20" tires

Yeah, those 40"s are probably $650 each!

The reason I was looking at this was because I was thinking of only doing a 1" SUA lift on my yj, and then carving out the fender wells with flat fenders to clear the 33" tires, which would give me the tire size I want, and no rubbing.

That research led me to this; and though an extreme example, it looks proportional and pretty good.

superj said:
yes, it is cool looking. and its a hemi motor, right?

Yeah, the article I got this from said it was a Hemi (which would make all the difference in the world running tires that large!)

Said they cut 3" from the windshield frame, raked it back 10 degrees and lowered the seats a few inches. I like the cage ( though it doesnt look very strong.)

Yup. I think it would be cool to have till something broke or had to be replaced.

So, you're going to do your like it? It would be cool

clydethepirate said:
Why are they calling it the lower fourty?

I think because it doesn't have any lift on it, and it has 40" tires. But that is a guess.

superj said:
So, you're going to do your like it? It would be cool

Well I'm not sure, I am not sure how it would look on a yj, I do like the idea of cutting the wells to make room for the tires, but again, not sure about how it would work.

competition for the ford raptor i think. That thing looks awesome but funky from being squished a little.

I think because it doesn't have any lift on it, and it has 40" tires. But that is a guess.
Good guess. Thats exactly why. I think it would make a great mall crawler or desert racer where a lower center of gravity would make it more stable. Wouldn't work very good at getting over the rocks and stumps that we encounter around here.

Back