Jeep Reaper

Joshua76

I became interested in Jeeps 16 years ago. I made the move on purchasing a new one earlier this year. It was a 2010 JK Surf Blue Unlimited Islander. It had 2067 miles on it Nov. 26, when I was involved in a 55 mph head on collision on IL Route 29. My JK was totaled after rolling four times after the initial impact. This past Friday, my wife and I went to Schaumburg, IL to Zeigler Jeep. As of 9:20 pm Friday, I now have a 2011 JK Unlimited Rubi. Anyone who wishes to check it out, just google "two dead, three injured il rt 29, nov 26, 2010. My father-in-law and me walked away from that crash.

Wow, glad you're ok but that sucks about the kids in the other car. I'm sure the JK was totaled after a head on and roll so I doubt it could have been rebuilt, Stalefishsk8er.

Any word yet on why they crossed over into your lane?

That is the local paper. I went by the tow yard and pulled my plates. I also took a look over it, the lh front rim was about a 1/4 there, lh and rh front fender, lh rear fender, rear body corner, hood, cowl, frame, front bumper, front axle, rear axle, trans, engine, radiator, core support, fan, windshield and frame, lh front and rear door, roll cage, air bags, lh rear and front rh rim, and alot more. Fix, no, new frame and build, possible. Put it this way, insurance did their adjustment, there was 487.23 worth of salvage on it.

Glad to hear you're ok & driving a new one. Welcome to Jeepz

Back