jeeps and car washes

woody56

Would taking my wrangler through a high pressure touchless wash with a hurricane force blow drier be asking for leaks? I have the 3 piece top.

probably, back in teh day, my issue with car washes is that due to the 90 degree angles of the jeep, the actual wash would be horrible, just not worth the cash. easier to wash in the DIY bay or at home.

It won't be so bad if the water and air is forced from the top towards the bottom no more than a 45 degree approach on the high pressure water. Anymore, it's inevitable that the body seals will allow a certain amount of water intrusion. The most vulnerable area is the corner front of the door to the windshield and a pillar, the b pillar top section is also vulnerable.

Do what i do.People go nuts when i pull up to a car wash..All mudded up,I SOAP the outside an inside.an hose it down.:D:shock: people !our you nutsssssssss.
NO just a jeep thing:shades:

I run mine through the car wash all the time with no problems. Factory hard top, full hard doors.
I have a soft top with full hard doors. I only use the car wash in the winter. No leaks.

According to the manual, you're not supposed to take the soft top through an automatic car wash (DIY bay is fine). However, the hard top is supposed to be fine for the automatic wash, although I can tell you from experience if your seals are getting a little worn, you may get a little bit of water inside the Jeep ;).

I scratched my softtop window up using the DIY brush. I wouldn't let anything other than water and air come in contact with your top.

As to water leaking in, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just leave the windows down for it to dry out some.

I guess I should mention that the drive-thru car was I use in the winter is brushless. I like it because it sprays underneath real good.

Back