Jeepz.com Wheelin' Video

Craig

RE: I

As some of you know, I just bought myself a video camera for Christmas. I was playing around with it the other day and got to thinking... We should make a jeepz.com wheelin video. Everyone who has a video camera or access to a camera could make a short clip (length depending on how many people are in on it). We could decide on someone to edit and piece the video together. We could all mail or email this person our clips and he (or she) can put the video together. The video could be hosted on the net or we could even mail a blank disc to burn the video on (with return postage) along with our clips to whoever will be creating the video. They could burn copies for those interested and mail them back. We can have a timeline to get the clips to whoever will be doing the editing like the end of the summer or something. What do you think?

Re: RE: Re: New Member...

Sounds cool, I will try and get some clips together soon.

Re: I'm feeling much better now, thank you

I also just bought a video camera and will be taking some wheeling footage. I have an editing program on my computer. I'd like to try editing it, I dont have much experience but I can try it out and see how it comes out.

RE: Let

Sounds like a plan! I don't have a video camera but my digital will take short videos (length depending upon the size of the memory card). I can give it a shot!?!

New Soft Top

eat_sleep_jeep said:
I also just bought a video camera and will be taking some wheeling footage. I have an editing program on my computer. I'd like to try editing it, I dont have much experience but I can try it out and see how it comes out.
I just bought an editing program also. I got Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus but I'm searching around the web for a copy of Adobe Premiere Pro. I've made a few small clips but nothing major. I think if we get enough people together we should either vote on who is to do the editing or leave it to whoever has the most experience.

My bro is crazy video editor. He has final cut pro on his mac and does all kinds of nutty things. But he said good works take time. And he doesnt have any time to edit.

Who knows. If it turns out good mabye we can copyright and sell it on the web. All proceeds split among those in the video....just a thought.

Sully said:
My bro is crazy video editor. He has final cut pro on his mac and does all kinds of nutty things. But he said good works take time. And he doesnt have any time to edit.
My friends brother did a lot of editing for the Matrix but I know he wouldn't do it and even if he did, he would probably charge a lot.

how about a jeepz.com video series, then we can all take turns editing.

craig, do u know of any good programs u can download from the net?

RE: New Ride!

eat_sleep_jeep said:

I haven't got any off the net. I think your best bet would be to use a p2p site such as Kazza but those are probably illegal copies so I won't get into it here. From what I've been told by a lot of people, Adobe Premiere Pro is the best program out there but very expensive. Let me know if you find a copy somewhere.

RE: Re: RE: midnight oil

What timeframe are we talking to get some clips? I would desperately love to get the old video camera out and film the road back to my property, that's some hellacious mud, ruts, sand, water, logs, rocks, you name it... Does Sean take it fast and furious? Yes, he does... On a sunny day, with the sun dappling through the trees, and the Jeep bounding through pits and hills, and the mud-water flying everywhere, and, I think... Hoobastank - Crawling In The Dark as a good background theme...

Unfortunately, that's all under about 2.5 feet of snow this time of year, and will probably be till March... Maybe some winter footage from the Mounds... Sounds like a fun project... Took a year of TV Productions in high school, was pretty good at editing video together on computer, wish I still had my copy of Avid Cinema; CD got destroyed when drive decided to eat itself a few years back...

RE: your money...

Saurian said:
What timeframe are we talking to get some clips?
Everywhere I go wheelin is snow covered too so there isn't too many places to go around here right now. I probably won't be doing my first run till spring. How about we give it till summer sometime? Mabye August? This way we can get more people involved. We could possibly show jeepz.com members from the West Coast to the East Coast and from the North all the way down South. It would also be good if our West Coast Jeepz weekend actually happens....could get some good footage there.

RE: Re: Transmition Slipping?

What's that about a West Coast Jeepz Weekend? I'm in the San Francisco area in California and would definately be up to a Jeepz wheelin' event...Maybe Hollister? Give the TTC courses a try? Anyway that's where I will be this weekend and i'll be sure to bring along a buddy who can video tape it. Luckily here in sunny CA we don't get any snow; only brief periods of mud. Not sure how to post the video though once I film it.

August is good, hopefully by then, I can actually get some footage of my Jeep doing more than taking me to and from work.

RE: Transfercase rattle on a 99 TJ

Craig said:
eat_sleep_jeep said:

I haven't got any off the net. I think your best bet would be to use a p2p site such as Kazza but those are probably illegal copies so I won't get into it here. From what I've been told by a lot of people, Adobe Premiere Pro is the best program out there but very expensive. Let me know if you find a copy somewhere.

Final Cut Pro is the best editing software available. Its not too tricky to use but its expensive.

I have quite a lot of video clips of me, Laura, as well as some other past and current jeepz posters.

Back