joopin....

Looks like a Shelby or CobraJet Logo.
How about some real pics Joopin?

It does look like a bowtie doesn't it... Well I didn't draw it, so I don't know what it is. It can't be a CobraJet logo, weren't they an actual snake, a cobra coiled up with his head up. Maybe that's the artist's personal joke and he's a chevy guy at heart. He's got some cool work though... www.1maddmax.com

As for pics of my mustang here are a couple...

This is not long after I bought it.
image-missing.png

And here it is after I rebuilt the engine, suspesion, and got it painted... the hood stripes were painted on later...
image-missing.png

All that work and the licence plate was fallin off!
image-missing.png

Anyway, if your wondering, I hit a deer with it almost 2 years ago and the frame got all screwed up. So now it goes in this wed. finally to get new front frame rails put in then who knows, maybe I'll sell it, maybe drive it. This was my first car and I've had it since 96 so it's kind of hard to part with.

I was thinking these:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Nice Stang!!! What engine do you have in it? I built a 70 Mach 1 some years ago and I've been itching to get another old Stang.

Jules

I like the color. I'm sure mingez would too. Nice mustang.

Yes jules, that could be it. I was thinking of just the single snake but those markings llook like the drawing. It's a 67 with a 289. I put an edelbrock performer carb, intake, cam on it during the rebuild... It's close to 300hp at the flywheel. The plan WAS to put some beefy heads on it and hedman headers. The Headers are still in my apt. waiting to go on from 2 years ago! It also has a full comp shift kit in the C4 which is nice for chirpin into second. The color is called Burnt Amber, That was the original color but I had the painter put a larger flake in the mix... it has flat black stripes on the hood coming out of the hood turn signals now. So you guys think I should keep it or sell it?

Oh and thanks for the compliments!

Joop

It's probably supposed to be the pony logo.

That's one fine lookin 'stang! My Stepfather has a '66 convertable. It's all original and CHERRY. He drives it like the church lady and I don't think the engine has been ran hard since he bought it in the early 80's.

Drives me nuts.

My uncle had a '68 fastback he bought new. Sold it when he got married and has kicked himself ever since. Think HARD before you sell it!!
D

Sell it.. to me... for cheap :D

Your crazy for even thinking about selling that thing man.. Id take that to the grave with me :)

Nathan

I forgot what rag I saw it in, or maybe it was on speed channel... but this guy built up a 289 and it had over 1000 HP! Bet you never saw that out of a small block. There is still alot of potential in the engine, just replacing the stock heads will up the power crap loads.

And I guess I'll drive it around before making the decision to sell it or not, but I know as soon as I fire that thing up when it's done I'm gonna want to keep it forever.

Joop

Man, I'd check the piston rings and valve seats on that thing....it's smoking pretty bad in that first pic!!

Nice stang!! I like. My brother and i have a 68' Fairlane that has the original 289 with 70000 on it. but soon to be a big block 429, haha.

LR

That Edelbrock cam is holding you back, it peaks at under 5,000rpm. The short strokin 289 needs to turn HARD to make power. With a perfect tune you might make close to 300, but with factory heads thats healthy for a hydraulic lifter-short duration camshaft in a non-HO 289.

When you swap heads, stay with an intake valve under 1.90" or you'll need to either get aftermarket pistons or have some valve reliefs cut into the factory ones.

Nice Rustang! Neat cars.

Back