Junkyard carb

SenorCole86

I was looking around a junkyard today and came across this older Camaro with a 4 barrel Edelbrock carb. From what I hear, Edelbrock has a reputation for good performance so I was wondering if this thing was swappable. The guy said 35 bucks as is. All the linkage worked fine and it was actually pretty clean. I would rebuild it and drop it in. Would it work? Would it be any better than the MC 2150 I got in there right now? Any help at would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

I can't answer your question, but I would think that you would need more info for those that could (what engine in the camaro or model edelbrock carb). Did it have an aftermarket intake too?

I think it's pretty unlikely.

If its a 4 barrel, then it would most likely be to big for the engine. You don't have a big enough engine to create air flow through the venturis of the carb to pull in fuel. You will be worse off. If your at the junkyard, look for a later model cherokee with EFI. That would be a better bet. I'm not sure what they would ask, but if you are looking to modify intakes, linkages, carbs, you might as well drop in an EFI intake and ecu and be done with it. No more problems.
Guysmiley

Back