Just got outta jail

jeepmaster

i messed up pretty big... 3 felonies ... got to spend 36 hours in a lovely jail cell. they pulled me over for no front plate, lied to me, deceived me, tricked me into getting out of my car, they cuffed me, sat me in the back of the car and then searched my jeep. they found some bud, some captain morgan, and some pipes. then they took me to the station where they lied to me again and tricked me into signing a paper allowing them to search my house, where, suprise, they found more bud. so now im on 2 years probation for possesion, intent to distribute, and some tax stamp thing. the worst part is those thieves stole $1000 in graduation money and claimed it was drug $$. it was sitting in the cards it came in so i could write thank you notes. bottom line, i learned my lesson... BIG TIME... no more pot, no more drinking, im NEVER going back to jail

Ouch man. That totally sucks. It sounds to me like the cops really screwed you, and sounds like they abused some of their rights. Have you talked to a lawyer yet? I would guess theres gotta be something you can do about it. I hope you get a nice P.O.

And remember that the 'job' of the police is to solve a crime. It is their perception of solving a case, whether there is a case or not. I feel for you. Now is the time in America when our rights mean more to us than at any other time. NEVER give up your rights whether you are innocent or guilty.

How do they cuff you right when you get out of the jeep? So you go to look for the plate, What is the reason they searched the car? because it was open and they can jump in and dig around? Sucks though, sorry to hear it. how old you? 18? whats up with the tax stamp? whats that?

We need details... How did they trick you into getting out of the jeep? Why did they place you in cuffs? Did they ask you if they could search your jeep?

Sorry to hear this. Well what can ya do, if you want to play like that, ya gotta be willing to pay the consequences. Not lecturing here, I did the same stuff at your age. I learned some tough lessons too.

Get through it and learn from it.

Get through it and learn from it.
'nough said. from the first line of your post, sounds like you know. Hey, ain't none of us here angels, but hopefully we all learn. Just remember, you don't get old being stupid - how I made it to 50 I'll never know, but I have learned along the way. Chalk it up to lessons learned. Best of luck to ya' as you go through the "system".

tax stamp is some bs they introduced to tax the sale of illicit drugs which you cant actually buy... they told me they wanted to "talk to me" and i told them they didnt need me to get out of the car etc., they said we just want to talk, eventually he pulled the door open, and thats when i got cuffed and i have no idea why i was cuffed, no probable cause stated, nothing, just pulled me out and screwed me

Doh! Drug possesion is a no no. Hope this teaches you a good lesson and turns out for the better.

Man-oh-man. That sucks.

Never carry pipes and papers and crap like that, it's just an extra charge. Leave that stuff at home, pre-roll what you need to take with you and leave the rest. I've got nothing against smoking pot, but I hope you guys aren't smoking it and then driving.

haha nope, i have an attorney, no public pretender for me. and we werent smoking and driving, just taking friends home

i messed up pretty big

only smart thing you said in your whole post

lied to me, deceived me

i assume "they" also planted the pot in your jeep after they sat you in the back of that patrol car.

intent to distribute,

i pretty sure you arent slapped with that chargefor a small amount of pot

why dont you just quit your b*tchin' and take responsibilty for you actions instead of saying the cops tricked you. you F-ed up now its time to pay the price

worst part is those thieves stole $1000 in graduation money and claimed it was drug $$.

and while im on my soap box... i would bet the worst part is now being a possible fellon... when you go to apply for a job and have to tell a potential emplorer (sp) that your a fellon, its gonna cost you more than 1k over your life time... 1k in grad money is the least of your problems

Well Far Right, I do like your attitude, but he did say he was wrong and that he learned his lesson, and like you said the guy has to deal with being a possible felon for the rest of his life, so give em a break. He screwed up big, and knows it, and while I dont agree with his attitude about being tricked he is doing what many people in his situation do, express anger at the police, and this is a place he can do that. Now, jeepmaster, how much dope did the police recover from your residence and your vehicle?

Oh, and of course the most important thing, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JEEP???

my buddy got busted for writing fake checks to a bunch of staples stores in the area and he had an ounce of weed on him. the cops pushed for posession with intent to distribute, and his lawyers got it down to possession easily because the cops had no proof he intended to sell any. personal use is personal use. get a good lawyer and he'll save your day - if you're a first-time offender. it sounds like you might be able to save yourself by bringing up their "tactics" in court - with the right legal representation to justify it. questions? drop me a line...

-nate

Nows the time to be careful. I remember reading somewhere that the police in some areas are taking the vehicles of prositutes and drug dealers when they bust them. I am not saying your a prostitute or drug dealer, just dont keep the stuff in your jeep or you could have it taken from you. I dont believe the police who do this are right, but it is whats happening.

Back