Just when you think you know someone...

Special_K

Do you really know who you're playing with?

I found out Tuesday that Mario...a guy I've played hockey with fairly regularly...has been arrested for murder, arson, kidnapping....and God knows what else. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Suspect Knew Slaying Victim

It's recently become apparent in the rumor mill (and now in this article) that the guy he killed played with him as well. From what I heard through the rumor mill, it may have been a guy named Chuck...the captain of his team. Obviously the rumor mill is turning rapidly given such a bizzare scenario.

Last edited:

Re: Do you really know who you're playing with?

Okay...not that anyone here is overly concerned but it apparently was his team captain....

Sorry, I just had to share this bit of baffling amazement!! This is, with rare exception, the only board I post on with any regularity so humor me. :)

Last edited:
Holy moly! I had a team mate, a goalie in Denver, who was arrested DURING THE GAME by US Marshals. Evidentally he had stolen a ton of stuff, a car, and broke into a hockey store, and then faked his own suicide with a suicide note.

Freakin weird. Not quite as amazing as your situation, but it begs the question: "What's up with amateur Hockey players?"

mingez said:
Holy moly! I had a team mate, a goalie in Denver, who was arrested DURING THE GAME by US Marshals. Evidentally he had stolen a ton of stuff, a car, and broke into a hockey store, and then faked his own suicide with a suicide note.

Wow! Maybe we should have a..."who's had the worst teammate or friend experience contest". Winner wins a um...um...something cool. hehehe

mingez said:
Freakin weird. Not quite as amazing as your situation, but it begs the question: "What's up with amateur Hockey players?"

Yup, but it could probably be broadened to hockey players in general. :D I guess every sport, league, team, knitting club, etc. has got to have its share of incidents...statistically speaking.

Last edited:

ok its time for a new hobbie...playing amateur hockey or pick-up games at the local hockey rink is starting to become a fatal sport...

I wonder if the tittle wink club has this sort of problems

*note* 1 set of oakstreet hockey skates (size 12) for sale

Utah_jeepster said:
I wonder if the tittle wink club has this sort of problems

Ohhh, believe me, the tittle wink club is the worst for this sort of stuff. If anything, sell your tittle winks. I did.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...

but keep your distance from homicidal lunatics like that :eek:

From Wednesday nite:

New Twist in Bizarre Murder Case

There’s a new twist in a bizarre case involving a murder, a kidnapping and an arson in Fulton County.

Mario Konecny remains behind bars, charged with the crimes. He was arrested Monday at a gas station in Cobb County.

It comes down to a sandwich wrapper from a convenience store. Something everyone generally throws away, but something that may have saved the life of a Fulton County woman.

The crime unravelled at a convenience store when Konecny walked in with the woman police say he kidnapped.

While he filled up a fountain drink, the woman grabbed a sandwich, snuck a pen from the counter, and went into the restroom to write a note on the wrapper.

As the pair left the store, the woman left the note for the clerk, saying she'd been kidnapped, feared for her life, and she asked for help. The clerk called 911. Police took care of the rest.

“Marietta police arrived within a couple of seconds to the scene, saw the vehicle about to leave the parking lot, blocked the vehicle from leaving, conducted a traffic stop and made the arrest of the driver,” said Marietta Police officer Brian Marshall.

Konecny was that driver and police found a man's body in the back of his pickup.

Investigators say that man and Konecny were friends.

They played hockey together in the AAHL. They were on the same team -- the top team in the most competitive league in Atlanta.

According to the league, Konecny was serving a 30 day suspension for a match play infraction. Now, he has much bigger infractions to face in court.

The murder victim’s name is not being released, because Fulton police say they are still working on finding relatives to notify. The kidnapping victim is OK and she continues to work with police.

One too many body checks? I've got two acquaintances in the pokey for murder. One is serving nearly 200 years without parole for killing two 1 year old twins and their baby sitter, the other is my cousin who was convicted of capital murder for killing a county sheriff (also a distant cousin of mine). The latter will get the death penalty if the KS supreme court ever makes up their mind as to whether it's constitutional or not.

Mario is a friend of mine too. I find all of this so hard to believe, but he was a different person before all the drugs. Now its too late for him and for Chuck.

I went out drinking with this one guy, about a week before he got drunk and ran his truck over another car. Killed two people, the third person in the crushed car got out and beat the tar out of the drunk driver - almost killed him. Once he healed up they sent him to pound me in the *** prision.

It's just weird how people snap or do really stupid stuff

a_friend said:
Mario is a friend of mine too. I find all of this so hard to believe, but he was a different person before all the drugs. Now its too late for him and for Chuck.

I agree. I never would have expected anything like this from Mario...which is what makes it so hard to believe. He was normally a very likeable and funny guy. Apparently his behavior had been becoming increasingly erratic of late. Makes you wish you could turn back the clock for both he and Chuck. Damn drugs. :(

Back