"Kajun Mudfest", March 13-15, Amite, LA

SMTS

For those interested in mud bogging/racing, this was just recently announced, so mark your calendars and I'll be back with all the details after the first of the year when more details are finalized.

The "Kajun Mudfest" will be hosted at the Florida Parishes Arena in Amite, Louisiana on the weekend of March 13-15, 2009. Amite is located approx. 1 hour North of New Orleans by way of Interstate 55.

The event will consist of 2 side-by-side mud racing pits (not wet, flat dirt, but real mud) under the covered arena. Each driver will be able to make at least 2 passes and the best time of the day will be that day's "competition time". Racing will take place on both Saturday and Sunday, with each day being separate contests, so you can participate one or both days. There will be a stock class, modified class and an ATV class.

There will also be planned activities for the kids, such as their own mud pit with foot races and scavenger hunts, a bouncy house and much more, so bring the whole family and make a mini-vacation out of it!

RV parking is available, with over 30 spots that have power/water hookups and acres more where you can park and run your generator. The facility has nice (hot) showers, dressing rooms, full concessions, etc, etc - it's top notch. Plus, there will be overnight security (actual off-duty police, not rent-a-cops) so you can leave your truck if you opt for a hotel.

Entry fees and admission prices will be kept very reasonable. Cash prize purses will also have nice minimums. The exact details of these will be decided at our meeting after the first of the year and will all be posted soon on our website which is under construction, so I'll be back with that info later. Just wanted to give you a "heads-up" so you can make plans to attend. For some with families, this event may occur during spring break and we wanted you to have the opportunity to plan to bring the whole gang!

A quick word of thanks to the sponsors involved so far: Kajun 107.1 Country, O'Reilly Auto Parts and Coca-Cola.

Look forward to seeing you there! More details as soon as I get them!

To add to the above:

General rules, classes and payouts (simple as they are!), are available on the facility's website, under the event calendar listing for the Mudfest. It won't let me post a link, so you will have to Google Florida Parishes Arena (or fparena-dot-com)

Entry fees are only $25 per day and include the racer's admission. Pit admission charges are $20 per day or $30 for a weekend pass. Spectator admission is only $10 for adults, $5 for children age 4-12. Ages 3 & under are admitted free.

We've added a Miss Kajun Mudfest swimsuit contest on Saturday evening, no entry fee, PG-rated suits only. Winner will receive $100 in cash, plus lots of prizes! More for fun than serious competition, so give it a shot girls!!

We're also now taking RV reservations, water and power hookups are $30 per night. There are also spots where you can park and run a generator and there is no charge for that (just have to purchase the weekend pit pass)

For your GPS, the address is 1301 NW Central Ave, Amite, LA 70422.

If you have any questions, please call the arena at (985) 748-5914, we'll be there starting March 2nd to get everything ready to rock and roll! I would like to post my email address to make it easier for you, but it won't allow me to--geez! Sorry, I'm trying to make it easy for you to get this info, but I guess the admins have to look out for spammers. I'll try to check back here to see if you have questions, but we've got 28 events this year, so I've got a lot going on!

Anyway, hope to see ya there, this is going to be a blast!!

Back