KM2 vs Krawlers KX

captjanes

BFG Krawler T/A KX Part#: 44690 35X13.50R15
BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2 Part#: 07737 35X12.50R15
my rims: 15x10 Rebel Outlaw II 5-114.3 5x4.5
i run BFG A/T now and i wanna change to km2 or krawlers but i have a few questions.
- what are they these like in snow/slush/rain highways or on sand beaches and mud?
- do my rims have enough offset so the krawlers wont rub?
- is the krawlers loud on the highway and how ruff?
- if anyone got pics of the krawler set up would be nice

I went from 31x10.5 BFG ATs to 33x10.5 KM2s. I'm happy with them, and would buy them again.
- They seem to perform fine in water. Haven't been in snow / sand yet.
- N/A
- The KM2s are no louder on the highway than my A/Ts were.

Either of these is scary in the light snow. In the deep stuff the km2 work great. They are fairly quiet. And love the mud. I have 15,000 kms on mine and still have 10/32 of an inch left.

You will like the at better in sand and snowy roads. The mud these rock. You can get them siped. Should help in the snow a bit

They both have similar thread patterns, but I understand the Krawler is a softer compund, meaning more grip, but faster wear. I personally have run KM2's, and they are fairly quit (for an MT) and do relatively well on mud. For the deep goey stuff, i just put chains over them, but most of the stuff they tackle OK on their own. They behave rather nicely on pavement, even when wet (again, for an MT). I dont do snow or ice, so for that, please rely on the other posts...

to clearify, the krawlers he has listed are blue label tires that are available to any one. they are the same compund as the mud terrain. A wheeling friend of mine ran the blue label 35" krawlers for 2 seasons and they are not great offroad here in the north east, they absolutely suck on road. the blue label really only shines on dry rock, but even then I would choose a different tire.

The soft compund being referenced is the red label crawler, they are not a DOT tire, available only in two sizes, 37" and 39" and are not available to the public new. You can only get them if you are sponsored (or know someone who is) by BF Goodrich. The effective street life of a red label cralwer is only a couple hundred miles till they are bald. Here is how sticky they are... I have seen with my own eyes someone running 37" red label on a spooled 8.8 with chromoly shafts, simply turning the jeep around on paved road on a summer after noon and snapped a shaft. tires are super sticky, compound is stickier than a competition drag slick.

Go with the km2 mud terrains, great all around tire.

to clearify, the krawlers he has listed are blue label tires that are available to any one. they are the same compund as the mud terrain. A wheeling friend of mine ran the blue label 35" krawlers for 2 seasons and they are not great offroad here in the north east, they absolutely suck on road. the blue label really only shines on dry rock, but even then I would choose a different tire.

The soft compund being referenced is the red label crawler, they are not a DOT tire, available only in two sizes, 37" and 39" and are not available to the public new. You can only get them if you are sponsored (or know someone who is) by BF Goodrich. The effective street life of a red label cralwer is only a couple hundred miles till they are bald. Here is how sticky they are... I have seen with my own eyes someone running 37" red label on a spooled 8.8 with chromoly shafts, simply turning the jeep around on paved road on a summer after noon and snapped a shaft. tires are super sticky, compound is stickier than a competition drag slick.

Go with the km2 mud terrains, great all around tire.

I had NO IDEA there where 2 different Krawlers out there... Guess you learn something every day!

I've been running 32" KM2's for about a year now and owing to the superb front end work done by Snyder's Alignment, BB tracks straight and true even with these somewhat knobby tires. As far as noise goes, I can't hear much over the rumble of the 360 roaring down the road.

Back