Leaking T J

TJ Ron

Hello all, new here and new to a jeep, always wanted a four wheel drive so I bough my brother 03 Jeep TJ, it has a hard to that leaks rain water in at the doors where the top and windshield meet, I've done numerous Google search's for water leaks on my TJ and have found that it's not only the TJ that leak's, and I have read replacing seals and they still leak, if the dealership can't fix the problem then why should I think I can fix it.
So my question is should I remove the carpet and just except it for what it is, an off road vehicle? I was wondering if I could paint on some truck bed liner to protect the floor boards from rust? There is a warning label about the floor boards getting hot, how would this effect the painted on truck bed liner?

Thanks, got to go for now my key board has gone crazy making it hard to type

Check that the seal between the hood and the cowl is in good shape or maybe missing. Then the water runs by the hood and Down the firewall through where the Ac lines come out. There is foam between the Ac lines and firewall but not good enough to seal out running water. I did that on my tj and it hasn't leaked since.

If it's on the passenger side make sure your cowl drain is clear. Water will back up filling the cowl until it overflows into the fresh air intake.

The same for the AC drain. And yes even in the winter. When you use defrost it runs the AC.

Thanks guys
my key board is acting up on my computer and iPhone for some reason.
It's a hard top and it is leaking in the top of the passengers side door I can see it coming in like I didn't have the window up all the way.
it's at the corner where the hard top and the windshield meet.
the water coming of the hardtop is coming in at the top of the passengers side door.
Thanks agin for the help

Back