lesson to be learned

antsinmypants

RE: Re: bleeding brakes

Chilliwack RCMP are investigating a fatal crash that occurred on Parmenter Road on Vedder Mountain just south of Chilliwack, BC. Police received a call at approximately 6:45 P.M. on April 19, 2005. (this is where i'm going camping tongiht)

The Jeep was traveling East on a rutted, potholed road. The Jeep apparently lost control and rolled down a steep embankment. Chilliwack Search and Rescue were called to the scene to assist in the recovery of the body and securing of the vehicle.

The driver was a 29-year old male from North Vancouver. He was the sole occupant in the Jeep at the time of the incident. He was accompanied on the trip by two friends who were following in another Jeep.
The deceased is Thomas Arthur Jones, a 29 year old male, from North Vancouver.

Jones was driving a Jeep YJ with no top. The Jeep was equipped with a roll bar. Jones was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the incident and alcohol has not been ruled out as a contributing factor.

he was pinned by the roll bar in the end and there was no way to save him, he was gone when the rescue team got there. just a lesson that even off road you should be wearing your seat belt. i go up there all the time, actually i'm heading up that way to go camping tonight. just hope i can shake that thought.

Really sorry to hear that, ants. :cry: You titled your thread well. Although I piss and moan about the law, I wear my seatbelt religiously......it has become a habit and bothers me no more than lighting up another smoke. Perhaps it was providential that this happened right before your trip......be careful and have a good time. Sorry for this young man's loss of life and for the grieving of all his loved ones........don't be next - tell us all about your trip when you get back.

very sorrowful,

mud

RE: News Updates.......

Ditto. In 10 years as a paramedic, I never once removed a seatbelt from a dead person. It's the simplest of things to do to preserve life and limb, I'm just astonished that so many refuse to do it. Have fun on your trip! I just got back from my family's bi-annual campout at the farm back east. Pics and thread may come soon, so keep an eye out for them!

Back