Let me introduce me and my big red cherokee

dustin g

Hi All!
I have been part of your site for about two months now (whenever the android app came out) and have been welcomed like I've been here for years. Great community that will answer your questions likety split. Has helped me several times. Thanks a ton for the open arms as i have been looking for a site like this for years.
I live in Gilbert AZ. I work as a glazing engineer in Chandler AZ. I own a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2l with the Up-Country package. I have put a 4" Rough Country X-Flex lift under it. Front quick disconnects. Hard-KOR adjustable front track bar. Dana 35 front, Dana 44 rear, 3.73 gears. The beast has 255000 miles on the original motor and transmission and still runs perfect aside from it marking its territory everywhere it goes. Oil pan leaks, power steering leaks (my fault i cracked the resevuar while replacing steering box), and my gas leaks if i fill it up too much.
I don't do as much wheeling as i would like but do what i can. I don't like desert off-roading but love northern AZ for my exploration fix. Also i have no friends with a Jeep so i always go solo which also limits my trips to moderate as nobody around in case s*** happens and no cell service for a minimum of 50 miles. So if any of you live in AZ please hit me up so I can really put my rig to the test.
I knew absolutely nothing about Jeeps until i bought mine 8 years ago. All i knew was it drove incredible. Now after fixing/replacing almost everything mostly myself i feel i have a good idea of its inner workings. Within the past 3 years the thing has become a obsession. I'm doing something to it almost weekly now and I must say its been a long time coming. I take a lot of pride in my Jeep and have a ton of ideas for some custom bumpers, nerf bars, hood scoop, dash instrument panel, middle console, you name it. Since I am a CAD designer and have some excellent contacts for a water jet and a welder these things are coming soon. I have actually thought about selling the plans if anyone is interested as build it yourself is much more economical plus nothing beats custom goodness.
Again thank you Jeepz.com for being there.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20101228_223649.jpg
    ForumRunner_20101228_223649.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Welcome to the "Z", will have to hook up for some trail riding when I move back home to AZ this New Years. And since I am an machinist...;)

Utah_jeepster said:
Welcome to the "Z", will have to hook up for some trail riding when I move back home to AZ this New Years. And since I am an machinist...;)

First off I'm terribly sorry you are being sucked back into the seventh ring of hell, uh I mean AZ. Second it would be awesome to have someone more experienced with Jeeps than myself close by for a quick "hey what the hell is going on here!" question. Also for the trails as i said before i fly solo 99% of the time. Third if you are a machinist we have a lot to talk about as i have more "ideas" than know-how to accomplished them. The only people i have to consult on my ideas are architectural engineers.
Look forward to meeting you.

Back