Lift Kit experiences

Yes I am starting to spread the word. The guy did warn me about bolts coming loose, however after I did take in the Jeep to have him re-tourque the bolts he flat out lied to me and said everything is good. Not only that but had yet to call me back (2 weeks of my time following up with him!) Ok so now the Aluminum wheels, Yes they will loosen (I agree) But to be almost falling off! Seriously I dont even think they even tightened them to begin with. I had to push the tire back on and screw in the Nuts by hand. If this were the case you know how many people on the road today would be in trouble? Anyway I think I am done complaining about this guy now... time to move on.

inspiration for doing things yourself... as for the aluminum issue... mine never came loose... discount tire was the only one who touched them for the longest time ... sorry that "aluminum rims loosening up" argument doesnt hold water - may lose some torque but NEVER come finger loose (or tight depending on perspective...) ..... as for the rest of it being loose....thats just negligence...

Did they ask you to sign waivers promising not to file suit for negligence? What kind of disclaimers did they provide with their installation? It seems to me that if they're conducting business in this manner they're gonna get someone killed.

I wouldn't be surprised if most 4x4 shops make you sign some sort of waiver in which you hold them harmless for any injury caused while driving (explicitly on the highway), however it would appear that their apparent breach of duty to inform you that not re-torquing the bolts would/could result in injury could get them shut down at some point.

I'm not an attorney (yet) but you may be able to recover damages against for your having to shell out an additional $x to fix your rig due to their failure to warn you. Did they give you an instruction sheet/installation guidelines that explicitly stated that you had to re-torque?

Definately warn everyone you know about these clowns.

Yes that is what I have said. They did tell me to bring back for a re-torque after 500 miles, and I did take it back after 500 miles to have them do so. They told me they had, and everything was A-OK. I took my rig back last week to him and stated that I have Vibratons, and Creeking he even drove it said oh yeh this seems bad... He told me he would contact me later that day. Never heard back from him, BUT that did not stop me I called and called left several messages. After today my own inspection they seemed to have failed period.

Back