Lifting a Rubi

whiterubicon

My Rubi has been begging me for a lift. When I first got it about 3 months ago my answer was, "no!" But now since the begging persists I think that she is starting to change my mind. I drive mainly on the road to and from work. Have been off road a few times but nothing hardcore. Once it is paied off I will make a toy for trails and get something else to drive to work. I am thinking 33's or even 35"s. What kind of lift do you all suggest? Will 33's fit with a spring spacer lift? I am not willing to regear so if I have to do this to run 35's then I won't be going that big.

fan question

From what I here. Lifting voids some warrantees ?? Joejeepny would know.
Any pic's of you wheelin in florida would be cool.....

RE makes awsome kits. Great quality stuff. They are a bit pricy though. I am in the middle of instaling the RE 3 inch lift on my bro's TJ. The kit is pretty complete, it is just time consuming. Will post pics when we finish it.

Yes, I have been looking and I think I will be saving up for a long arm after it is paied off. I am wondering if a spring spacer kit of 2 inches will make room for 33's on a Rubi.

You could add a 1" body lift to get more clearance. I have 31" tires with the 2" coilspacers. It rubs but only at full turn, which doesn't happen often. I heard you can put washers in the steering stop bolts to keep them from rubbing like that, but I haven't bothered to try it.

Hold your money till you can afford a long arm kit.
Throwing money in small stages will drain your love money faster than a divorce.
1800-2700$ on a long arm kit is worth the wait. What your saying your rubi is a weekend worrior and has a 9-5 job during the week. Any lift right now will make that mon-friday ride a bit uncomfortable since the angle of the short arms change drasticly with every inch you add. I know it hurts but waitting till you have the tires, rims and lift will make your old 9-5er seem like a new ride.

Back