Long Island Jeepers? Bueller? Buellerrrrr......?

red89yj

K, i know im new to these boards, but so far, the only long islanders ive seen are myself and joejeepny. Im curious, is there anyone else on here? there has to be... someone let me know cuz im new to the off-road culture and im lookin for some places to wheel and some buddys to join.

Hey red89yj,
I am on LI too. For all the Jeeps on this island there sure are few individuals to exchange information with. Where on the island are you?

im in syosset.... its kinda the north shore of nassau county, what about you? hopefully we'll get some more posts on this board

i'm just a ferry ride away and then about 15 min down 95N. if you check on the events board i think Toxic Turtle posted some NY club info. sorry it was NJ i just checked myself.

www.NE4WDA.com check that out

the link didnt work. I really want to find more people in the area. i hate modding my rig and having nowhere to go with it

Give me a shout any time you want to go wheeling. Paragon has a monthly ride the first week of every month. I would be happy to go along with you. Went this weekend actually. Had a blast and we are going the weekend of the 17-18-19 with Jeepz.com friends. Check the event page.

hey red89yj whats up. We did Paragon this weeked. Didnt here from you. Were gonna do next months ride if you want to come let me know.

i would love to go, but im going to need atleast a couple weeks notice so i can take off of work. my rig is in the shop now getting some minor stuff taken care of because ive been too busy lately to get it done myself. where can i get more info about paragon as a trail?

They do a monthly ride first weekend of every month. Right now it says they will not have one this month. The winter gets shadey. I guess enough people dont come.

83 cj7 engine swap question

thats okay, after february, ill have the HT off and a lot more work done on my rig and by the time the next one rolls around, i will be better equipped and more confident.

thats okay, after february, ill have the HT off and a lot more work done on my rig and by the time the next one rolls around, i will be better equipped and more confident.

hey red, im from staten island but i work in long island.... in oyster bay, where is ther trails out there? i would love to meet some jeepers and go jeepin with you guys nest summer.....

there arent any "legal trails" around here, but from what i understand, there are a few places around here that people go to, but i dont know anybody yet. There is legal beach driving available in suffolk county, but there are a bunch of requirements to get the permit for it. Ill get more info and pass it back to you.

oh yea a beach to drive on????? thats awsome i love driving ont he beach and its legal????? hey u gotta find out for me ill go drive around just for the fun of it hehehehe

You can drive on robert moses and a few other beaches owned buy the state. You have to get a permit which is actually for beach access for surf cast fishing. this means you have to look like your going fishing. You have to have a rod and tackle and bait for everyone in the vehicle and a portapottie. A jack, a piece of wood 12" x 12" , a low pressure tire gauge(tractor), a snatch strap, a shovel. There is a group on Long Island that fights to preserve this right to access for us. Long island beach buggy assoc. www.libba.com

Back