Looking for answers.

ISAXDQB

Hey guys & gals....2 weeks ago, I purchased my first jeep...It is a 1983 Jeep cj7 with the 4cyl engine....I have always wanted a jeep since I was a kid But my parents wouldnt let me get one....Well not trying to sound morbid, but both of my parents died of cancer in the last 5 years...So fo my 26th birthday 2 weeks ago, I bought this jeep for 2000.00...It has a hard top and doors...the floor pans are rusted out, so I ordered a complete set for both sides from Jc Whitney....I am semi mechanically inclined, especially with car audio, but know nothing about 4wd's....And oh yes, ISAXDQB stands for (I) (S)(A)cks(X) (D)the (Q)uarter(B)ack...Yes I am a football player...I played for S.C. State and the Tampa Bay storm for a year...I currently play semi pro, and work for an aluminum sheet &plate distributor...I have access to all the 3003 aluminum treadbrite I can get!....I know Im probalbly gonna sound aggravating starting off, but You gotta ask questions if you wanna know...where do i find windshield replacement wipers locally?....

try an auto parts store, anything but the 'zone :mrgreen:
welcome to jeepz

Thanks! Im just ready to get started with it...I am gonna get those floor pans put in some time this week and go to advance to buy that rollon bedliner stuff...Is that stuff any good? and are the floor pans hard to do?

Orangeburg, South Carolina....I lived in Tampa for a year while I was playing ball in 2001....what part of Fla?

I live in Lakeland, about 20-30 min. east of Tampa. I used to work over in Temple Terrace. Did you play for the Storm?

Sorry I am trying to work and do this. Sweet they have a great team never seen them play except on tv. Do you miss Florida?

I did during the 2001 season as center/tackle.....I came back to s.c. to be with my mom because she was dying.....I lost my father in 1997....but its okay, they are in a better place now, and arent suffering anymore....I am familiar with temple terrace...my apartment was off of Palms Blvd...

Well, I am sorry to hear about your family. you are right
they are in a better place now
At any rate I am back in Lakeland now and am much happier.. Glad to see you joined.
this is a great place to learn a lot about all ,kinds of Jeeps. There is a lot of knowledge and experience
in here. You can direct a lot of questions to Deerhunter he also has a CJ and has been a great help to
me amoung others. The people are great. Post some pictures of the Jeep if you hvae some.

great if you need a place to download them you can do it on imagestation.com You can not just post them on here. ok if you need help let me know. Congrats on your 25th bday. I am going on 27.

actually I messed up when i typed that....I turned 26....im just so used to typing 25 for the past year...sorry!...well thanks, where did you get that weber carb at.....Is it worth the money?...I just got finished last night installing the stereo equipment...I am a big Pioneer fan, cuz in high school , i worked in an install shop that specializes in Pioneer...Along with my Jeep, I have a 1998 dodge ram 4x4 all tricked out, a 1993 ford T-bird(my show car) & a 1975 ford mustang...But I have this new love affair with my jeep!....I spent countless hours circling everything I could in the JC Whitney catalog and Jegs catalog...I put on the stailess hardware kits and I am about to start cutting my own Rocker panels outta of .080 3003 aluminum diamond tread....Oh yeah, I have 2 dogs A pug & english bulldog, named Blitz & Flex respectively....I am single and also play guitar and the piano as well as write music...I am 6'1" 260 lbs.Well that pretty much explains me......

Lady Gator,

Do you know of any good off road trails in the Lakeland area. I'm in St. Pete and dont know of anywhere to go. I have an old CJ 7 as well. Mine is run mostly up and down Gulf Blvd and the local beach bar hang outs.

Jeep on!

Yeah I know of some great ones in sumter county, about 30 min north of me. Won't be too bad of a drive for you. Near the Green Swamp.

Sorry isaxqb i had to run into to town. Go to the chat room and we can talk alittle more. I also drive a 4x4 chevy silverado,and also have 2 dogs a bluetick hound and a bassett hound. I also used to play the piano and organ. i went to college on a scholarship for basketball ,and volleyball. We kind of have a lot in commen. i am single never been married and am about 5'9 135.....

CB placement?

where do i go again Ladygator?....how do I get there?

Go to the chat room. in the left margin with the sections. Choose chatroom and put in you id and password meet you there...

Hurculiner has worked great for me ...here is a pic
image-missing.png

Thanks for the pic!...thats what Im gonna do then...How long did it take? to cure and be ready for travel?

Back