Losing oil fast in Cherokee Country

Powerman

Hello everyone I have just ran into a problem the other day with oil being sprayed all over my block and everything on the oil filter side. Me seeing no signs of cracks or what have it I went with that it must be a simple dirty clogged oil filter that built pressure and sprayed my oil out. Well it ran fine for a day or so but it did it again. I do not have the time to find what is wrong with work and the winter months here so i sent it to a shop just today. After talking to the people there they said it sounds like a simple oil pressure sensor leak.
I do not know if this is possible because I thought that part did not even have oil go through it.

So my question is has anyone here seen this or heard of this happening?
Is the shop techs right or does it seem bigger like a gasket? It only seems to leak out when I am driving on a highway and it seems localized by the sensor and oil filter area. Should I be concerned as I am or does it just sound like a simple sensor leak?

Might be your oil filter adapter gasket...mine leaks oil around there as well. I'm waiting to replace it when I do my next oil change but the gasket is $4 from the dealer ship. My local parts store couldn't get one.

It. Could be your Oil Filter Leaking. --- Or The Techs could be right: It might just be your Oil Pressure Sending Unit! In ANY case - I think it would be a GOOD idea to get your OIL LEAK fixed. A Number of Bad things can occur as a result of your Oil Leaking. Better to take care of it sooner than later. -- JB

oil sending unit=common issue; having an 18 yo son change my oil dont help either. to add to the common-ality of oil sending units failing on their own, the close proxinity of the sending unit to the filter, my kid busted my sending unit a few oil changes ago while changing the filter....

Hey everyone just got the jeep back it was the oil sending unit with no other problems as they also looked at every thing you guys also pointed out so thanks for some relief for helping me out.

i also have the same issue right now except it is not leaking from the sending unit all though my oil gauage has stop working it is leaking from under the oil filter and running down the oil pan i have not got the time yet to get into it but it sure seems like the gasket between the block and the filter adapter

well turns out it was the sending unit it was kind've hard to tell at first do to all of the oil leaking easy fix

Back