Losing power

Tink

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: How Many Here Have One Of These.........

I have a 94yj and losing power and mpg what can it be? I have removed the catalytic converter, and air restricter. I changed the pluges, wires, fuel filter, distributer and roter bug. i still need a k&n Air filter(getting that this weekend) I am going cray, what else can I do?
Thanks,
Tink

Very cold starting

Catalytic converter, by the way, I have those pics, just gotta send em to you...

How are the fuel injectors looking? I don't know if dirty injectors would make that big of a loss in power though.

I was going to run some injector cleaner through my tank next fill up.

RE: I

If the injectors are dirty enough to cause a big power loss, the gas tank additive injector cleaner probably won't do any good. If you are sure it's the injectors, take it to a reputable shop and have them clean the injectors. It costs a bit, but it's worth the money over those gas tank additives. Make sure it's a reputable shop, otherwise an improperly done injector cleaning can be damaging to the injectors, or at least can be ineffective and costly.

could be your O2 sensor. if thats bad it would cause a loss of power and fuel mileage. does she smell like shes running rich?
od

I have noticed a funny smell. Where is your 02 sensor located?

I have an 87'' w/ the 258 and my O2 sensor is on the outside lower end of the exhaust manifold. Ive never replaced mine though because i bypassed the computer and replaced the carter. A bad O2 sensor would definitly screw with the fuel injection. good luck
od

if its a "rotten egg" smell its the cat - must be nice living somewhere that doesnt smog your vehicle - like florida where i lived til about 8 yrs ago = here in vegas you gotta be able to replace everything once a year to pass or know someone who'll pass ya for about $100.... kills me now hearing bout deleting cats, and adding headers, engine swaps, manifolds... etc.... :evil:

I hear ya. they just changed the laws round here a year or two ago. I used to live in a county where they only checked the basics until the laws changed and i could get away with a hollowed cat and present but unfuntional smog equipment. Now that i moved one county north i have to worry about smog testing and it sucks. Or maybe ill just leave her registered at my dads house so i can just leave here the way she is.
od

I have never heard of anyone around here get in trouble for smog, it all sounds a little funny to me.
Tink

Back