Man Convicted For Driving Drunk In Toy Barbie Car

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I found this today while reading Jalopnik:

This is Paul Hutton, 40, of Clacton-on-Sea, England. A judge recently convicted him for operating a 4-mph toy electric Barbie car in front of his house while drunk. He has lost his driver's license but earned our undying respect. In situations like these, the details are what matter. Consider the following:

• Hutton was found to be twice the legal limit for blood alcohol content
  • The police pulled him over while he was driving the car
  • Upon laying down the law, the judge in question said, ""The vehicle is not even capable of doing the speed of a mobility scooter and could be outrun by a pedestrian"
  • Hutton on the subject: "Originally, it was a pink Barbie car. I put larger wheels on it, but it's not fast." He has also admitted to being "a complete twit"
  • The car, naturally, was pink; Hutton had been working on it as part of a project with one of his sons
  • The car was impounded by the police, but Hutton wants it back.
Good man, Paul Hutton. Good man. I mean, really, who hasn't been there?

Attachments

• 500x_paul_hutton_barbie_drunk.jpg
    500x_paul_hutton_barbie_drunk.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 222

Yup...Operating a motorized vehicle. But, that's a little Nazi-ish. I bet he got REAL lippy with the officer.

My opinion is that he should get a drunk in public, and maybe more if he mouthed off. To treat this as if he was operating a true motor vehicle with the ability to strike another car / pedestrian and cause injury is not realistic.

I do agree with that. A Public Intox. would be MORE fair, but it was still a crappy deal. At least with that his drivers liscense wouldn't have been hurt. I've spent MANY evenings standing in the middle of the road (small addition) chatting with the neighbors, drinking a cold one. If a sheriff rolled up and took us all in, that would be crap. But, not if we gave him some S**t. Then it would be "drunk" in public. 'Cause sober people don't back talk the police. I bet there is more to this story than what we see. I can only imagine what it was like in the drunk tank when he told everbody he got pulled over by "The Man" in a Barbie car.

Glad I live in Small-Town USA... if the cops caught me doing that they'd probably watch for a while, placing bets on how far I make it :) , then call somebody to come pick me up... then harass me about it in passing which I'd take all in good humor seeing as... well... I was drunk in public in a Barbie car. THANK YOU TERRY, THIS WAS JUST THE LAUGH I NEEDED TODAY!

Back