mods

rondo

image-missing.png

Have a '99 Cherokee with 112K, and I bought it new. Just a few questions. I'm looking to do a few mods that will increase performance without spending too much. Any suggestions? Also, I plan on keeping this one until it dies and I change oil regularly. Plugs, wires, standard items, also get regular maintenance, but is there anything else I should do, or look for? Just want to keep things as clean as possible.[addsig]

go for a k & n cold air intake system. it will give you like 15 horses and they are very easy to install. But im the way of clean easy mod they are the way to go.

good luck
image-missing.png
[addsig]

take off the catalitic converter and rip out the inside part and then put the shell back on. its illegal but you cant tell, this should give you some power and give it a bit more growl. theres a couple other posts with better instructions on how to do that if you're interested.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> go for a k & n cold air intake system </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

cold air? that means it'll be close to the ground... away from the engine... in a very vulnerable position to pick up dirt, water, sand, etc... not a good idea if you're doing creek crossings or anything besides street use.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>take off the catalitic converter and rip out the inside part and then put the shell back on. its illegal but you cant tell, </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

this maneuver will also make you not pass emissions.

[addsig]

K &N filter and also a free flow muffler.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

remove the mechanical fan and replace with an electric one. tune up, k&N, Flowmaster are all good ideas[addsig]

Back