More stupid things that people do...

Greywolf

RE: Which frame is better to repair?

So here's a good one...

A few weeks ago I put up a post about a young guy that flagged down a total stranger (me) to ask if I would pull his Jeep out of a mud hole where he had been 4 wheelin', alone, with no recovery equipment of any kind, His bone stock Cherokee buried to the bumpers all the way around... anyway, ya'll know the type.

Well, a $100 bucks that he paid later (tow truck to move one of my Jeeps that got stuck - damn those vacuum lines on YJ's anyway), a nearly torn loose tow hook (from my other Jeep), lotsa cussing and mud slingin' I finally got him out.

Yesterday I get a phone call... same guy, stuck again, SAME DAMN SPOT AND SAME ISSUES AS BEFORE!! Alone, no recovery gear, etc. WTF, over? I mean I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but damn...

Anyway, this time I told him I was busy and wasn't able to help him out.

Hell, for all I know he's still out there and the Jeep gremlins are happily feeding on his carcass...

--Greywolf

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: What is the difference

Some people will never learn. After finding is own way out this time maybe he will take things a little more seriously. Or maybe he doesnt get his jeep out and then he doesnt have to worry anymore about off-roading.

Wow. The more I read and hear, the more pessimistic I become about the future of humanity. What an Id'yit.

Guys, can't help but be curious what kind of "wheeler's" yall consider yourselves. Now granted, I don't know all of the fact in the situation, but I'm sure not going to be one to point and :lol: at the kid. I can't count the number of times I've pulled of into somewhere I shouldn't have and needed a little help out. That always made me want to go back. The fact that I didn't make it once made me just that much more eager to go back again and sort of show that spot who was boss. Most everyone I know would do the same. And you sure can't knock the kid for going out stock. Not everyone can afford the toys that we put on some of our rigs, not at first anyway, but that sure doesn't stop the fever to go out. I congradulate the kid for not sitting on the sidelines saying "I would love to go out and play but my Jeep just isn't cool enough yet". (I know that was corny, but yall get the idea) About the only thing I see that the kid did wrong was the fact that he went out alone. Not that I'm not guilty of that myself, but after gettting stuck there once, he might have aught to have planned ahead a little. Of course maybe he didn't have someone to go play with at all and he had no choice. Anyway, to make a short story long, don't knock the kid....clap for him.

O.T. -- The "Mini" Web Site

CJyoungster said:
Guys, can't help but be curious what kind of "wheeler's" yall consider yourselves. Now granted, I don't know all of the fact in the situation, but I'm sure not going to be one to point and :lol: at the kid. I can't count the number of times I've pulled of into somewhere I shouldn't have and needed a little help out. That always made me want to go back. The fact that I didn't make it once made me just that much more eager to go back again and sort of show that spot who was boss. Most everyone I know would do the same. And you sure can't knock the kid for going out stock. Not everyone can afford the toys that we put on some of our rigs, not at first anyway, but that sure doesn't stop the fever to go out. I congradulate the kid for not sitting on the sidelines saying "I would love to go out and play but my Jeep just isn't cool enough yet". (I know that was corny, but yall get the idea) About the only thing I see that the kid did wrong was the fact that he went out alone. Not that I'm not guilty of that myself, but after gettting stuck there once, he might have aught to have planned ahead a little. Of course maybe he didn't have someone to go play with at all and he had no choice. Anyway, to make a short story long, don't knock the kid....clap for him.

Very well said. I have to say that I certainly agree with you :wink: .

I've done the same thing before (and still do...but when I get stuck now, I get stuck a lot worse (44" TSL's will do that :D )).

And, I've also had people that i've pulled out, and they call me other times to have them pulled out again. It's really no big deal to me if I have time to do it. Heck, my friends call me all the time wanting to get pulled out of all kinds of random stuff they KNOW they should NOT be in :roll: . Personally, it makes me feel good doing it. I like helping out fellow wheelers (and showing off a little with my truck in doing so :lol: ).

If he calls again, yank him outta there, but force him to follow you to the closet place that sells hi-lifts, straps, tow hooks, etc.

RE: Re: RE: 2.5 swap to 4.2 what is involed?

TwistedCopper said:
If he calls again, yank him outta there, but force him to follow you to the closet place that sells hi-lifts, straps, tow hooks, etc.

Then invite him out with your group and show him how to wheel safely. :wink:

Maybe he won't be so prone to getting into a jamb. :lol:

mike

Re: O.T. -- The "Mini" Web Site

Teach him the #1 rule... NEVER WHEEL ALONE!!!! if he leanrs that one lesson he's much better off.

Back