Movie Thread- Lets have fun !

Nobody's guessing mine? From the same movie are also such classics as

You remind me of Catherine the great, who's hand in marriage I once had the honour to decline."

and

"If he's not back here in half an hour, the sultan will cut off my head!
Is that all? Well, I'm afraid that's not very funny...
It's not a joke! It's a wager...
A WAGER?!?"

Saurian said:
Nobody's guessing mine? From the same movie are also such classics as

You remind me of Catherine the great, who's hand in marriage I once had the honour to decline."

and

"If he's not back here in half an hour, the sultan will cut off my head!
Is that all? Well, I'm afraid that's not very funny...
It's not a joke! It's a wager...
A WAGER?!?"

ummm the adventures of baron von munchasen maybe

Aaa!!! You have to be the only other person on the face of the earth who has heard of that movie! Well done :D

From one of my all time favorite movies:

WOMAN:You contemptible pig! I remained celibate for you. I stood at the back of a cathedral, waiting, in celibacy, for you, with three hundred friends and relatives in attendance. My uncle hired the best Romanian caterers in the state. To obtain the seven limousines for the wedding party, my father used up his last favor with Mad Pete Trullo. So for me, for my mother, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your brother.

MAN:
Oh, please, don't kill us. Please, please don't kill us. You know I love you baby. I wouldn't leave ya. It wasn't my fault.

Woman:
You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.

MAN: No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

Last edited:
LGR said:
nope, unless that was in that movie too.
nah just a guess. A bad guess.

south442 said:
Here's an easy one: "2000 bucks and it's yours. You can take it home with you. As a matter of fact, I'll throw in the black keys for free. "
Same movie that I just quoted ;)

Last edited:

From one of the funniest old movies...
Man: Hey, you remind me of a man
Woman: What man?
Man: Man with the power.
Woman: What power?
Man: Power of hoodoo.
Woman: Hoodoo?
Man: You do.
Woman: Do what?
Man: Remind me of a man...

"Looks like I got myself some gasoline eh?" (I had a pledge brother in college who would make pledges go into gas stations and say this as they paid for their gas)

From the same.....
"Two days ago I saw a vehicle that could haul that tanker...."

Saurian said:
Aaa!!! You have to be the only other person on the face of the earth who has heard of that movie! Well done :D

I've heard of it and even tried to watch it a few times, but that was when I was a really little kid and think the humor was lost on me.

prariepunk said:
1: "Flunk me!?!?! FLUNK YOU!"

Back To School!

Here's a quote from a movie who's soundtrack was scored by the same person that did Back To School.

"Where does he get all those wonderful toys?"

Last edited:

jumppr said:
"Where does he get all those wonderful toys?"

I remember that from the Batman where Jack Nicholson played the Joker

south442 said:
From one of the funniest old movies...
Man: Hey, you remind me of a man
Woman: What man?
Man: Man with the power.
Woman: What power?
Man: Power of hoodoo.
Woman: Hoodoo?
Man: You do.
Woman: Do what?
Man: Remind me of a man...

BAchelor and the Bobby soxer?? Sorry thought Labarinth first but that is "remind me of a babe"

My personal fav

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Last edited:
Back