Music

Red Neckerson

OK, I'm just wondering. What music (group, type of music, etc...) does everyone listen to when wheelin'? Is it a certain band for rockcrawling, mudding or just running some trails?

Last edited:

Just the sound of the engin! Off Roading is a slow wonderfull thing and the soft rumble of 4WD low is enough for me. Anyhow if the trail is rought enough the cd would skip any way. tug

It all depends on what the trail is like. If it's just scenic, then something mellow. Something wild, then maybe some hardcore/metal/rock etc. Romp in the mud, some country.

Basically depends on the kind of mood that I'm in, what kind of wheeling's happening, and who else, if anyone, is in the vehicle with me... So, it can really be totally random... This last weekend when I finally made it up north, it was Flogging Molly's drunken lullabies on the way in, Puccini's aria to Madame Butterfly on the way out to town, Frank Zappa's Camarillo Brillo on the way back in, Judas Priest's cover of Mr. Crowley while doing road clearing, and, I want to say it was The Offspring's Can't Repeat when I finally left... These are what was playing when I was actually on the mile of totally destroyed backwoods 2 track between my property, and the road.

So yeah, anything... And y'know, I have the Chrysler 6 disc changer, that thing NEVER skips... It's in the back cargo area, doesn't even faze it when a 5 gallon water jug falls over on it. Case has taken a hell of a beating though.

Basically depends on the kind of mood that I'm in, what kind of wheeling's happening, and who else, if anyone, is in the vehicle with me... So, it can really be totally random... This last weekend when I finally made it up north, it was Flogging Molly's drunken lullabies on the way in, Puccini's aria to Madame Butterfly on the way out to town, Frank Zappa's Camarillo Brillo on the way back in, Judas Priest's cover of Mr. Crowley while doing road clearing, and, I want to say it was The Offspring's Can't Repeat when I finally left... These are what was playing when I was actually on the mile of totally destroyed backwoods 2 track between my property, and the road.

So yeah, anything... And y'know, I have the Chrysler 6 disc changer, that thing NEVER skips... It's in the back cargo area, doesn't even faze it when a 5 gallon water jug falls over on it. Case has taken a hell of a beating though.

Flogging Molly? :?|

Digging up an old thread, but I don't know how I missed it.

Wheeling - I don't really listen to any music, I'm too busy listening for something to break / crunch / whistle / yell at me.

On the road, I've lately been back into Soundgarden. I also went with the wife to a Violent Femmes concert, and have been listening to them as well.

Just bought me a greatest hits Jan and Dean CD the other day for 1.95. Nope, I'm not that old, but some of their music is good. Dead Mans Curve and such.

In the name of all that is backwoods and holy,I mix my Johnny Cash with some KMFDM and some Skinny Puppy just to be sure my hillbilly rigged,wire-nut held together,garbage disposal of a cd player is still in the realm of the functioning.Yeah-ferkin'-haw!!!!:twisted:

Digging up an old thread, but I don't know how I missed it.

Wheeling - I don't really listen to any music, I'm too busy listening for something to break / crunch / whistle / yell at me.

On the road, I've lately been back into Soundgarden. I also went with the wife to a Violent Femmes concert, and have been listening to them as well.

Violent Femmes?.... and took the wife? Wow, I have never heard of them, but it sounds like a dangerous mix! ;)

Back