My first stuck!!! (With Damage!)

Saurian

RE: Body Mount Question

The Mounds ORV Adventure Park http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/mounds.htm... This is the only ORV place in my area of Michigan... Anything else is a good three hours away. This is about an hour and change from my house, and I had a BLAST!!! I had never been there, and had not been wheeling in way too long... My little stocker did things that surprised even me...

Topography is very hilly, lots and lots of trees, with the big scramble area in the front... That's mostly sand, I believe, under normal circumstances, but since we had a lot of rain, and it went back to subzero, that was mostly solid... There were some spaces where we broke through the ice after it got warmer in the day. Lots of various XJ,ZJ, CJ, TJ, and YJ there, a bunch of Suzuki Samurai with another club, and some big trucks with another another club... It was interesting the way it all worked, as I didn't have a CB< I was just following people, which is what we did... We'd be chilling out at the pavilion snacking, and all of a sudden, a couple Jeep would take it upon themselves to go into the park. BOOM, mad rush to the Jeeps, and we were off... Everyone travels in a group, but we split, till you can end up in a little group of one or two Jeeps... I was following a stock ZJ, same tires, so I figured if he could get through it, I could... Did some mad crazy stuff, it was insane...

And now, without further ado, here's a pic of my stuck...
image-missing.png

I'm trying to get them to send me some better ones... This is down a hill, my front end is buried at the bottom of it in a hole broke through the ice, my drivers side wheel is totally underwater. The seatbelts would not pull down because the couterweight was too out of whack... To be standing out the sunroof like that, I was standing straight up with my feet under the gas and brake pedals... Align it in your mind so that the little cut off saplings in the foreground are straight up and down, and you'll see what I mean... I know there's some front shots, just waiting for them to be sent to me...

Gotta get to work, will post more about damage, and hopefully more pics later.

The pic didn't show up, but if you go to the web address for it you can see it.

Yeah that definately looks stuck!!! Glad to see you were going all out! Hopefully any damage is minimal.

RE: What to do What to do

Mercy! Looking at the angle of the guys behind you, yeah, I can tell that's steep as a cow's face!! Musta been fun, though!!!!

Saurian that is amazing. Were you trying to come out the sunroof? LOL What an angle and a stuck! Congratulations. I hope the jeep isn't damaged too bad. I hope you are doing well too.

8) Lady

Hey Saurian, at least you didn't roll it! You got (in my opinion) the last of the TRUE Jeep models, glad to see it decorating the trails! I just have my CJ that I pound dents out of (except the fenders they're cracked fiberglass! My oops!). You got out safe and sound, other than some battle damage. Well look forward to hearing about you back on the trail!

RE: mod...please fix this.

looks like alot a fun to me went to my first offroad park in oct down in tenn yeah nothin but a good time good people

RE: Daytona 500!

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Yeah, as you can see, that's definitely a stuck... The XJ in front of me made it through, but he was lifted, and driving a lot more agressively... Took out a doorhandle and his mirror riding along the dirt on the right side... To get into this mess, I was following a group of lifted wrangler, and a lifted XJ...

Damage report is as follows... My beautiful Warn Trans4mer grille guard is twisted inward on the drivers side from being pulled out, and my steering is out of alignment something awful, having the front wheels centered puts the steering wheel at 90 degrees to the right... The grille guard became damaged in the pulling out; there is nothing on the bottom of it between the 2 side plates, have not gotten the front reciever for it yet... So, the only crossbracing was on the top, the 2 tubes. A CJ was pulling me out, but he wasn't having much luck at all, so they had to tug me out... He got as close as he could to me, and then nailed it in reverse as hard as he could to try and get me free... If you continue straight from where I got stuck, you have to go up hill about 20 feet from there, so he was trying to pull me downhill while going uphill... About 25-30 hard tugs, he got me out... Since it was a tugging, and was off center, that's why the guard got bent... The mounts are bent, but the point where they hit the unibody seems to be straight, so all I need to do is bend it back into shape... Which I will get to at a later date, perhaps tomorrow on my day off, though we are getting hammered something awful with snow right now, so I'll have to see...

Here are the links to the picture threads on Michigan Jeepers... The American Jeepers network is running a little slowly today, so bear with them, might take a while to load...

http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/130109322/m/374107244
http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/130109322/m/165103244
http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/130109322/m/596103244
http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/130109322/m/314104244
http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/130109322/m/952103244

Oh yeah, I was fine, no injury or anything like that... Wasn't trying to come out of the sunroof (incidentally, there's no way I could fit, chest is too wide), but I could not open my doors at all, so that was the only way I could talk to people.

Ooh, it's more than I could ask for... Now I get to fix the trail damage, and see what the damage is when I get the re-alignment of the steering done :)

How'd the brush guard get bent? Were they hooking the straps up to it to pull you out? My ex-buddy with the hugely lifted F150 did that. His bud hooked the snatch strap to the 200# brushguard and gave a yank, pulling it at near supersonic speed through the back window if his Dodge and halfway though the front window. Don't ask me how he kept from being decapitated!

So, how exaclty were you stuck? Hung up on the underside somewhere, or just in such a deep hole you couldn't get the front tire to grab and drive out?

RE: Snorkel? carb?

The tow hooks are mounted to the guard, which is rated for, I believe, up to a Warn 9000 winch. But there was no bar on the bottom, as I have not yet gotten the front reciever... I was being tugged at full blast by a CJ off center, so it pulled inward a little bit... Nothing that the giant crescent wrench and a little hammering can't fix. As for the stuck, I was hung up a little on the rear diff, but the front end was buried... The drivers side wheel is in an ice-hole, the ice is right under the water at the level of the bumper that I needed to get on, but the wheel was buried...

RE: Transfercase rattle on a 99 TJ

Dude something about you sticking out of the sunroof has me tickled. Those images are just calling for a photochop from me. I wouldn't want to make fun of a fellow stuck though! lol I have had my share. I probably blew my clutch because of two weeks ago's stucks (remember dropsyes first time wheeling) so I'm learning my lesson on damage while wheeling as well. Good luck on the repairs!

Lady

RE: Re: RE: pics,my damage

Hey, if you wanna photochop me, go for it... Could be fun to see what you all can come up with :)

RE: Snorkel? carb?

Nice Sean! Kind of embarassing having to resort to getting the strap. I always fight to get free before they hook me up. It doesnt always work as I am sure you understand. heh. Cool pictures. Cant wait for the next trip.

RE: Lockers

AAK! Well, nice chop, I gotta say... Yeah, Sully, I wasn't going anywhere... I have that delightful open differential stocker problem too, that wheel didn't even want to turn, not to mention the fact that there was nothing it could do in that hole anyhow... They guy behind me was worse, he had stock tires, they broke a tow strap trying to get him out (the green XJ without the grille in some of the MJ pics, there's one with him stuck in the first thread, I think... But hey, we got pulled out, and all on our way, so no worries :mrgreen: I learned that sometimes, you just gotta nail the gas and hope for the best (which is usually my mud/ice policy anyway :twisted: )

RE: Fuel injection conversions for AMC

rofl Mingez. You are da man! That is almost what I had in mind. LOL Love it! Ssaurian, I'm glad you can fix your Jeep with some small tools. Mine is gonna cost me quite a bit (or so we think). :-( It's so nice to see ya got out and had fun wheeling too. I know you don't get to do it that often.

Lady

Back