my first yj

tint_rookie

new to the board, great site!!!

i found my first YJ bout a year ago. she's an 87 full door hard top no rust completely stock down to the original shocks.

tinted the windows 1st hour i owned her (its my profession, had to be done, any tint related ?'s feel free to ask)

shes had a few leaks that ive since repaired.

ive redone the interior, all black, (not that it needed it) duralined the tub, blue bulbs in the dash to match the alpine deck and XM radio, new eclipse speakers in the dash, 6x9's built into a box that fits behind the rear seat. why so bigga box for 6x9's? oh yeah theres a 12" sub in there too. amps tucked away under the seat.

swapped the front seats for a set of reccaros with some wet okoles strung over em.

i spend a lot of time on the road, need my cab nice.

sittin with no lift im barely fitting 31's (they rub when turned all the way). its ok for the street but the mud is calling me back to my roots.

she needs a couple inches, shocks, and some waterproofing under the hood. im prob gonna do the ford ignition swap, and some exhaust work as well.

well anyways, blah blah blah, great site guys, look forward to picking your brains for input. ill try to not be soo long winded in future posts:purple:

yeah im real excited to get under the hood. i just love the ingenuity of jeepers.

my last vehicle was a 2K toyota tacoma, ran 14's in the 1/4 N/A. so needless to say i had to think outside the box.

hope i can add to the ingenuity pile here.

tint_rookie said:
sittin with no lift im barely fitting 31's (they rub when turned all the way). .

Lift won't stop that rub. Your tires are hitting the leaf packs at full lock. You'll need to adjust your steering stops or get wheels with less backspacing. I had a link to the steering stop adjustment, but it's a dead link now for some reason. I had to do that with my YJ when I went to 31's until I got the Cragars.

Oh, and welcome to the "Z" !!8)

werd. ive already been looking into new rims as well.

ive gone the monster truck route before, gotten too old for it now. trying to stay modest. what offset did you end up going with?

I can't ever remember the offset, but I do believe it was 4.25. Need at least that to clear the leaf packs with 31's.

Back