my greetings from sw pa

yo momma yj

normally I would skip this page, thinking the less clutter the better, but social decorum demands intros least one make a faux pax.

I was born in Eisenhaur's first year of office and raised a family before computers, they got fed while I held up the heavy corner, thus, I now net-blunder just as good as I walk... we work around that. internet whack-a-munch can be amusing as long as the chores are done and fences don't need mending.

in Kennedy's era, dad had a 59 3B w/hurricane 4...I was in that early (12?), and when the 68 Jeepster came along, I was skipping school synced with the squeeze and stealing it after everyone left for the day to joy-ride and play grown-up. I was the only one who could work the rube goldberg consol shift. my permit came on a saturday, and I was up monday to take my test...cop said "the ink isn't even dry on this..." but I passed...a couple years of practice having made good enough.

meanwhile. a 2 year elder bro had a 56 wagon 2 WD, and an 8 year elder bro went thru 53 and 59 wagons (4WD) and 2 original Jeepsters,(a 48 and a 51 I believe)... we had an I beam and a come-along and switched engines like shuffling cards...added ODs, changed synchronizers and such while still a lad in hs. I ended up buying the 68 Jeepster off the folks while the Dauntless V6 was tearing up spyder gears left and right.

later had a 65 GLADIATOR with the VIGILANTE V8 with the plastic cam gear inner, and after I fixed that scramble, tore the bed off and made a 6' flatbed out of 4"x3/8" angle, cut some trim off it and had one brutal winter truck that obeyed me. I've owned a tow chain since I was 15.

then after a stray from the pack, I bought myself a new 95 YJ 2.5/5 speed and put 122K in 14 years on it before the frame perforated to the point where I have to get up out of the comfy chair and spank it.

the Jeep is torn down and the frame is about stripped nekkid. one front bumper bolt captive nut, and 2 steering box bracket mount captive nuts are spinning in the innerds and mocking me. sparks goggles gorilla mechanics and bad words.

I'll now jump over the main page and ask my question on who sells a frame. while this one can certainly be patched up by those oddballs who spend a lot of time alone, I want 20 more years out of it rather than another 5. I'm going for the record on this one.

I put a wisecrack ID name here cause the crust of 57 years and cane collection makes me ornery...you can call me Rick...but I rarely answer to it. a few people know me as modre.

...and there's the dilema.

Last edited:
thank you steelheads...glad to meetya

I don't see much response to either post of mine other than your sole courtesy

(my being new) does this site speak english? I'm wondering if all the hip guys with tools are slinging wisdom elsewhere?... and I'm sitting in the rain at the wrong bus stop

...or perhaps I'm the one with the canteen in a desert???

I was hoping for something I could get my teeth into...

LOL, yeah we speak English here among other languages. I think i rode the short bus here and not much of a help when it comes to swaps and suspension upgrades. I would recommend that you post your questions to the respective category of your jeep so you can get the most response. Hip guys? , i own a $4500.00 tool box not counting the tools in it and i'm far from being hip, haha:D

Where is SW Pa are you? Your Jeep isnt that old, dont see how youd have a problem finding a new frame. Guess that depends on what your willing to spend. If you are near Pittsburgh area, you mite want to check out that Jeep "fest" in Charraps this weekend. Maybe you could hook up? Youve got the upper hand being from these parts, ie; 4WDH and Willys overland are within driving distance...there are dozens of Jeep clubs to, that you could post up on. Let me know if youd like some help.

Oh, and Welcome to the Z! lol

thanks girls.

a frame isn't the problem when vendors smell money...getting the right one the first time is tricky weeding thru the smiles and propaganda.

we even have a 60 year woodsy Corwin Jeep with wide roots chysler just lifted a franchise off this summer...I do need to hang with jeep fanatics I guess to find the jewel I'm after.

I was hoping to hear "I bought X and it sucked" to keep me safe in the actual spending of money.

this isn't immediate urgent as I have lots of parts to clean up and a body to figure out how to spin upside down... likely take me the winter and I need the garage space... come spring tho, I'd like to be in motion with all the pieces to slap it back together.

I'm in education phase

Greets easterner (i am assuming that to be Pennsylvania):shades:
Least ya ain't working on some beat ta hail old cancer infested Willys like some other bain-braked desert trash round here is!!!:redface:

Greets easterner (i am assuming that to be Pennsylvania):shades:
Least ya ain't working on some beat ta hail old cancer infested Willys like some other bain-braked desert trash round here

my kingdom for a sandblast zombie/slave... I'll supply the equipment, hat, and glasses. every winter we get county salt sprinkled on frames like the french fry guy at McDonald's has the palsy. I did a 56 flxible bus complete awhile back and thought I had this stuff out of my system for good.
flxfarm-1.jpg

this stuff was never meant to come back apart after the warranty expires... we get an award.

the Willys era can't be any worse than a 56 Flx with a Fageol when the parts guys go blank and you find yourself casting spells at midnight and summoning fixes that aren't in any book.

I miss the locking hubs myself...I have a vacuum whiz bang and hoses and wires like a trauma center ER.

Back