NASA=Not A Safe Agency

Ok, I've 'bout had it with the idiots in charge of our space program. From CNN:

NASA says it will try again to launch Space Shuttle Discovery on July 4, despite finding a crack in its insulation.

Are they freakin' crazy or just plain stupid?!? And just Saturday, while I was waiting for the liftoff, the head of NASA was on CNN saying something like, "NASA has never put their schedule ahead of astronaut safety, and never will."

Ummm.....Does Columbia and leaking O-rings ring a bell? Yeah, you all knew about that, but pushed ahead because of your schedule. What about Challenger? You'd seen large chunks of foam fall off before, but pushed ahead because of your schedule. Heck, you even launched another shuttle since then that had a chunk of foam fall off of it, but you still are planning another launch with only a few minor alterations in the foam....and now this? Ummm...an 8" long, 5" deep crack in anything on the shuttle should be enough to ground that sucker until it's fixed and fixed right!! So long as these same morons are running the space program, we haven't seen the last dead astronaut, I guarantee it!

Ok....I'm not done ranting, but I need to step away for a while lest I get really nasty.:evil:

I'll get the caulk, I'll have it fixed by the time they launch. Look for me scrambling away from the shuttle on TV sometime tomorrow when they light the engines.

currupt4130 said:
I'll get the caulk, I'll have it fixed by the time they launch. Look for me scrambling away from the shuttle on TV sometime tomorrow when they light the engines.

Git-R-Done!!!!!!!:lol:

Those so called experts are trying to jusify and stabilize their jobs. Plain and simple. There has been talk of suspending the orbiter project. Once again, it's all about the money. Don't let anyone tell you that they have the pilots, soldiers, best interest as a priority. I only believe that when everything is going smooth. I often wonder why Rummy went to Iraq and didn't drive around in a Hummer. He chose to use a armored up vehicle from Haliburton. Hmmmm? On another note, I heard a rumor that congress approved themselves another raise? Did anyone hear this? Later, Pessimistic KJ

KrazyJeeper said:
On another note, I heard a rumor that congress approved themselves another raise? Did anyone hear this? Later, Pessimistic KJ

Yes, they did, and in almost the same breath voted down raising minimum wage. Bastids.

I never understood why they would take a vehicle that was going to travel at 17,000 MPH and cover it will styrofoam anyway!

Why not something else lightweight but more impact resistant.

Must be a yankee who thought that one up:p

Back