need a few parts for a '77 cj-5

raser13

first off mods if i have this in the wrong spot please move it. i didn't see a wanted section.

now on to the wish list. all of the needs are for a '77 cj-5 with a 304. i'm on a tekate beer budget so all of what i'm looking for can be of junk yard quality but i still need it to be right and not broke down junk, but i'm not looking for top of the line either. unless you want to sell me top of the line for beer budget prices. the two main things i need is a carb for the 304. can't seem to find one here in st. louis with out it costing my first born. i just need on that's in decent shape, even if it needs to be rebuilt, no problems.

next i need a bell housing that goes from the 304 to the three speed stick that i have. i don't know exactly what transmission i have or i'd post the info. if you can help with that info i'd <3 you for ever. someone in the history of the jeep converted it to a ford 302 with some sort of bell housing that goes from a ford motor to an amc transmission, and i want to turn it back. btw is there a market to resell the adapter housing? i'd be willing to trade it straight up if some one wants to convert.

i also need a rear drive shaft for it. and i need a gas tank. also going to sound stupid but i need the entire back brake set up. someone torched every ting off of the rear axle and cut the drum don to make a spacer out of it. everything from the back plate to the drum. most of it i can get from the parts stores but the back plate and such are a little more difficult to find.

any help would be appreciated. thank you for your time.

raser13, If the PO installed a 302 and adapted it to your (t-150) 3speed trans, KEEP IT! Being on a budget there is really no reason to change it. The t-150 is a decent trans that came behind the 6cyl and v8,s. Its not going to withstand stupid horse power or a pedel to the floor type of off roader but will be fine for normal uses. I ran the t150 in most of my v8 jeep with no problems. Yes, there is a market for adapters if you get rid of it, (adapters are expensive). As for the driveshaft, if you have a 4x4 shop close to you, check with them for used driveshafts, People are modifying their jeeps all the time and swaping shafts. The shops around me have tons of them laying around and sell them cheap like 20-30 bucks here. You can find backing plates at quadratec.com. If you need to get all of the brake parts, you could swap to discs in the rear for a bout the same price, maybe cheaper. google something like cj rear disc swap and you should find everything you need.

as for the motor i'm going back to amc because i have a few 304's laying around so it's cheaper and easier to do than to find a working ford engine. only thing is that i have to cut off the motor mounts since the po welded them to the frame. and then bolt on a set of originals. then i'm going to have to run new fuel lines since the tanks missing and both ends have bee exposed to the elements for so long who knows how much junk has gotten in them. plus then i can re route them to where ever i need them to go.

BTW i found a bell housing now what i really need is a carb. any one got a spare one that they can let go?? i need to find one soon so i can get this baby off the ground.

1850-4 holley 4bbl, 600cfm carb. 2 trick kits (rebuild) the few parts that are not in kit have already been replaced in the carb, a 14"x 3"chrome holley air cleaner and i also have a 1.5 OHM 40,000Volt flamethrower coil.

Here are some pics of the parts

Attachments

• image-4102865283.jpg
    image-4102865283.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1673645538.jpg
    image-1673645538.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3105989291.jpg
    image-3105989291.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1415964771.jpg
    image-1415964771.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 154
Thanks 1978cj5beast for offering. We did end up finding a guy who had one close to us. But I'll let you know if we neep any of it.

*Update* We have a carb, drive shaft, and a bell housing for it.

Back