Need Help a Little off topic.........

jhiggins

I am doing a power point presentaion
and I am trying to add music to the background
for sound ....any ideas I want it to play songs from a CD
but when I send it to someone the Cd songs won't be
on there any Ideas???? :-D [addsig]

How about FADE TO BLACK from METALLICA.[addsig]

Do you have the songs saved as an audio file on the hard drive? If not, rip(copy) them with winamp or windows media player or something similar first.[addsig]

What version of Windows Media Player?

Right click on the song title in Win Media -> click properties -> Is the file location on your hard drive (C:\...)

If the extension is .mp3, .wma, .wav, .mid anything but .cda. The song should attach itself to the Power Point just like a picture does.[addsig]

jhiggins,

Several years have passed since I did similar work with Powerpoint-97, so against my better judgment, here goes:

Use any one of a number of computer programs which will copy the music file from the CD to your hard-disk and in the process or as a separate task convert the music to a "dot-wave" file.

Why a ".wav" file? Because it is the lowest common denominator -- it should play on any computer.

Note: Some programs will allow user selection of the fidelity or accuracy of the copy-conversion process. This is relevant to the resultant size of the music ".wav" file -- higher fidelity equals larger file size. More on that later.

(I will ignore the topic of copyright here -- your worry, none of my biz.)

I will assume you know how to work the options within Powerpoint to select and imbed the music wav file, cause the music to play, when the music should start, when to end, repeat, etc., so I won't go into that.

A tip: You have the option to imbed, as opposed to go get, ancillary files into the Powerpoint presentation. You should imbed, so the music ".wav" file won't be forgotten if you save the finished Powerpoint file to other media or another hard-disk location.

Be aware that your Powerpoint presentation might grow to an immense file size if you add a lengthy music file(s). That is an important consideration if ultimately you plan to transmit the finished Powerpoint presentation.

I hope that helps. If my assumptions above were wrong or if you need more in-depth help, I will start a fire under the slightly addled brain of this geriatric Jeeper and attempt to provide additional help as you might require.

Inspector-G
[addsig]

Thanks a million guys ...with your help I have created a monster
hehehehe...No really thanks for your help ..I do appreciate it......... :-D [addsig]

I just wanted to say I have it done and it
came out great thanks for all the help...... :-D [addsig]

Back