Need help installing half door window on 1993 YJ

Trindavis

I just recently bought a 1993 YJ and it is the first jeep I've ever owned. It came with brand new windows and brackets but I'm pretty sure they are not going to work without drilling into the door. Is this normal? And how do I go about doing this when it didn't come with any instructions. Help please! It's supposed to rain soon lol

Are they half doors? Glass windows?

They are half doors doors and the windows are sliding glass. The doors are super thin though with no paneling or holes for the three rods in the window. The previous owner bought these brackets and screws that I assume he was going to drill into the doors to install but I just don't see this being the best option.

It sounds like the half doors & the windows are aftermarket....maybe some pictures would be helpful in answering.

I bet they are those thin plate half doors, like diamond tread aluminum thin metal? I am not sure if you can put windows on those. I know the factory half doors are thick like full doors and have holes already set up for glass or plastic windows.

Pics would definitely be helpful but i feel like its the thinner doors and i would not mount any windows to them, if it was me.

Where do you live? You might have to just get some cloth full doors for as cheap as possible to hold you over till you find some factory half or full doors.

image-missing.png

Those are what you should have for insides to mount your windows. Those are factory halfs

Thats weird, pic doesn't show up. Google jeep half doors though, for an interior shot to see what you should have

image-missing.png

Those are what you should have for insides to mount your windows. Those are factory halfs

Thats weird, pic doesn't show up. Google jeep half doors though, for an interior shot to see what you should have

thanks guys!! I ended up finding an outfitter here locally and they said my doors weren't made for windows they are basically just summer half doors. Ordered me some cloth upper and lowers for the winter. Thanks a ton for the help!

Back