Need Help No HEAT its my daily driver and I have a 1 year old daughter!

Super j I'm thinking it was just water. And to give you guys some more details, my defrost is warm but there's almost NO draft coming from the vents on high. I'm betting that as soon as I get them to blow, it'll blow warm. I'm also almost positive I have a couple vacuum leaks. I need to find a proper diagram buy this jeep hadn't ran in 6 years before I found it. And why I think it wasn't rain is because my damn woman didn't shut the door all the way! Lol

go to morris4x4 and look in their information section for the manual for your jeep. it will have your diagrams. it sounds like you are right, you have a vacuum leak that isn't directing the air through the proper sections to get heat where you need it

I think I've figured it out for anyone having the same problem as me. It's that big vamuum chamber under the passenger side bumper. I though it was only for cruise control but aperiently if there's a leak in it it will default to only blowing from the defrost vent. I'm going to go putz with it after work but when I bout the jeep I notice the hoses where unplugged. I'll keep you guys updated

Is the radiator low on fluid? I'd pay very close attention to the water level in the radiator and the overflow.

*edit - I didn't read page 2... Looks like this is resolved.

Yes vacuum leaks will default the heater vents to defrost.

If you still have issues with the amount of air coming out of the vents there are a few things to check. One is your heater core may be blocked externally. Debris in the fins does not let the air pass. The other is the fan motor spinning but the blades are disconnected or loose. More like the first item.

If you have airflow but it is warm not hot there could be two items. First is a plugged heater core that coolant is not flowing through. Or the blend door where you select hit or bold is broken.

Last edited:
Hey guys back again. Looks like my vacuum reservoir is broke beyond repair, and I can't find onw within 80 miles from me and none on the internet so far. So does anyone have one from a pre 89 they'd be willing to sell me? PayPal ready

I do not.
Check the vac lines and connectors for dry rot and cracking. It will be easier now to replace than later when you think you fixed it.

However there is nothing really special about a vacuum reservoir. It needs to have the correct number and size connections. The size matters but in a pinch anything is better than nothing. Other year models can work and if there are too many connections, seal it.

The reservoir acts like a electrical capacitor and supplies a constant vac by reducing the magnitude of variation that occurred while driving.

Last edited:

I need an 89 or older, it's got two different vacuum chambers. Also not one in a junk yard within 80 miles

But, jeep used a lot of Chevy stuff back then. See if any of the chevies in the junkyard have one similar. Doesn't have to be exact, just have some nipples that are the right size and the you can plug or cap the ones you don't use

Back