Need rear leaf spring bushings for xj

XJdunnz

Need the rear shackle side leaf spring bushings for my 97 xj 4x4 I've been waiting over a week for my rear leaf spring bushings and my xj has been sitting on jack stands ever since without bushings. Stock bushings want fit so parts stores are useless at this point.

I need 1.5 eye Id my leaf springs are 2 1/2" wide and the center hole is 9/ 16ths if anyone knows of any that will fit these measurements let me know, my shipment has been delayed and really need to get this thing back on the road.

I ordered the rubicon replacement bushings Monday and they appear to have went out of business or something the very next day so I've tried to find the ones I got but they've been discontinued.so now I'm stuck waiting unless I can find a part# that the local guys could find that would work or have a website overnight some or wait until who knows when for the others to show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've read that Rubicon Express may be reorganizing under Bankruptcy and may be back in approx. 30 days. I hope they're back soon.

Have you checked the local parts stores?

I think I told you in another thread that the bushing needs to pressed in. They are a very tight fit and dint just slid in there. And you need to remove the leafspring to do it.

lambo said:
I think I told you in another thread that the bushing needs to pressed in. They are a very tight fit and dint just slid in there. And you need to remove the leafspring to do it.

Yeah I ended up ordering the right size from rubicon express the factory ones were alot bigger, the one I needed was a 1.5 eye id I've actually started trying to put it in tonight and like 1/4" of having it pressed in using big c clamp will be trying to finish it up in the am. Unfortunately I'm not set up at the house to remove the leafs and the jacks and stands I have aren't making it easy since it's lifted 4 1/2"
If I'm able to get the one side done more than likely gonna take it somewhere with a lift so the leafs can be taken off and bushings pressed in easier.

Ya there a real pain I did mine and it took most of the day. I put mine in with a rented joint tool from auto zone. There are some good video,s on utube about it. Good luck buddy I feel your pain.

Back