New Guy from the Silver State

DevilxDoc

Here’s my story…… I have always been a fan of the outdoors from the time I was able to strap on a backpack and hike the hills of the Pacific Trail with my parents to hiking the hills of Afghanistan. I much rather the hills here in the states though…… (less dodging bullets). In 2006 I was involved with an VBIED (vehicle born improvised explosive device), this sent me home with a few injuries to heal from. After two years in a military hospital, I was medically retired (disabled) from the military and came back home to my mountains and my truck. I had a 2004 Ford F350 SD Diesel, she was pretty much stock when I had her and after a few years of being back home I started to build her up. She was finished in 2010, nice and pretty. She was great to take the kids and my girl out and about but a bit hard to get into the parking garage. On one of my trips, she developed some problems in the engine and after many estimates and the price of the repairs, it came clear that my girl was not doing to good and the family didn’t have enough to bring her back.

So, coming back to the house one night I see the Jeep dealership in town. I pass it not really noticing that much, then POW it looked at me…………… She was beautiful. She was a Black 2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I had seen them on the road and on the trails (mostly passing me due to the size and maneuverability) but never gave that much thought to them. I pulled in and decided to take a look. I had a list of things that I had to have in a vehicle, it was all the things I had in my truck. I got in and looked, and looked. The salesman came over and started to ask me if I needed some help. I said no thanks, that I just wanted to see how these thing were decked out. He asked me what I liked to do, I turned and pointed to my beast of a truck and said that is what I love to do. So after he looked at my truck he came back over to me and said the Rubicon is pretty much like your truck but in a smaller package. I laughed and said its hard for me to believe that this Jeep comes stock with lock outs, inverters, rockers, disconnects for the sway bars, ect…ect.. as the list went on. As I was calling all these things off, he was saying yes to them.
After a few hours of going over the Rubicon JKU and getting the full booklet, I said my good buys and headed home. I milled over it for the rest of the night talking to the family about it and doing some research online. I found this site [Jeepz] and started to read the posts from the members about the JK’s. I was impressed and entertained. The next day after lunch, I went back to the dealership and said I wanted to get the Rubicon.

This is where it gets really funny……….. After I said I wanted the Rubicon we went looking for it. It was gone. So now the dealership is franticly calling other dealerships looking for another JK to replace it. After 5 days of calling me and saying that they had one, but sold before they could get it. I was getting frustrated to say the least. On the 6th day, I took my girl to the dealership to see what one looks like since I did not have mine yet. Here on the lot was a 2011 Black Rubicon JKU!!! I took her over to it and I said this is what it’s going to look like. The only difference is that this is an automatic and the one I’m getting is a stick. The salesman I have been working with came over and I introduced them and he said he had some good news. They found my Jeep; the problem was that it was in another state. He was willing to miss his birthday party and drive there, pick up my jeep and bring it back. I said that would be great and told him I’ll see him tomorrow.

My girl and I stopped at the store on the way home and before she got out, she said “You know, the only difference is that it’s a automatic. It would be easier for me to drive too and he wouldn’t have to miss his party, just a thought.” I call the dealership while she is inside and ask about the one on the lot. They said it so happens that the deal just fell through on that one and it is open to buy. I said “Hold it, and I’ll see you in a bit.” We got home and I said I had to go out to get a few things for dinner. About a few hours later, I pulled up with our new Jeep. Since January 10th we have been in the back country and having a blast going places the Ford couldn’t even think of going. We are hoping to go on a few Jamborees this year. :beer:

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 91

First off welcome to the site, second you made the biggest mistake of your life.
You know jeep stands for right? Just empty every pocket. Now that you have your baby at home its going to cost you...lights, bumpers upgrade this or that, winch....

We all share this addiction and we can tell you now "no Therapy wont help".
Just open your wallet and enjoy. We do!

That is my dream jeep but since I am broke as hell no way I will be getting one like that.

Welcome to the forum

And also jeep doest stand for THAT!

It stands for just enjoy every possibility

Jeeps aren't for people who want to go anywhere, they are for people who need to go everywhere.

Enjoy the new endless possibilities that you bought into.

Back