New Idle Problem

Megamole

About a month ago I used Seafoam by pouring some in the carb opening and allowing some to be sucked through a vacuum hose of my 89 wrangler. Now the Jeep does not idle smooth and misses at low rpm. I has no power below 1300rpm almost dies! any idea as to what could have happened? It was running pretty well before that. Never had a miss and had good power idle to topend.

Not sure, Last time I checked them 6month ago I opened them up to a .45 gap as the Juice Box modules specs. They were ok, they are about a 1yr old now. Truck has always run rich since I bought it.

I'm still pretty new to Jeeps myself, but it wouldn't hurt to change the plugs, since it was running rich anyways. Plugs can get gas soaked and look good but won't fire right, besides plugs don't cost that much and it's a good start to finding the problem.

Take a quick check around for a vacuum leak someplace maybe............ Can't hurt & it's free!
Jim (I'm a Scot you know)

I know this is old but I haven't had much time for the Jeep lately. I still has the problem. Has a slight miss and makes a real weird sound around 1000rpm. Also the whole Jeep shakes when it idles (@600rpm)

I changed the plugs today to Champion Truck plugs gapped to .045 it seemed to run slightly better. Any other Ideas

Did you check for vacuum leaks? It is possible there was some clocged up oil blocking a hole in a vacuum line that the seafoam removed (unlikely, but possible).

Back