new member first jeep, advice?

99 XJ Beantown

Got myself a 114k (original) mile 99 cherokee classic 4L in amazing shape with a little patience. 2900$. Interior almost looks new its insane. All receipts etc from roughly1500 in warranted Sears maintenance very recently, no issues at all none zero. Idles like a new car and pulls as id imagine it had from factory when I hit highway.
Question is any advice on first things I should look at and spend the cash on towards making this a solid of roader (nothing to crazy) while maintaining daily drivability?
In closing, great to meet you Thanks for having me andi hope we can all learn from each other.
Very happy with this Jeep,waited 3 or 4 years for it to show itself.
Thanks guys!

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

The Jeep is pretty capable right out of the showroom. Popular improvements would be tires, CB radio, tow points, a tow strap, and hi lift jack. Of course you can do more like a lift, fender cutouts, winch etc. It really comes down to what you plan to donwith the Jeep. For just backroads not much is needed. For more serious wheeling, more serious improvements are nice.

And welcome!

Welcome to the Z! Number one would be tires! Jeeps are very capable out of the box, but a good set of tires helps just that much more. If you want to go bigger, that's when the wallet opens.......one thing leads to another!! Also might want to read up/talk to experienced folks about technique! A lot of it is the driver. Congrats on the Cherokee!!! I love mine!!

Surely there are lots of good rebuilds and models around that would inspire you, start investing with good all terrain tires.

Back