New Member - Orion the Hunter

Re: I'll start things off

Hi All. I just bought my first jeep (used) a 97 wrangler sport edition. I"m completely stoked!!!! I paid for it on Saturday, but I just picked it up last night, so this is the first morning I've been able to drive it. AND IT SNOWED!!! YEAH! I got to used 4-wheel drive!!!!

I got a quick question though. I noticed my rear windshield wiper sticks and makes a horrible noise when it gets stuck. Is this a common problem or did the previous owner do something screwy with it? It never occurred to me to test that out before I made the purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to Jeepz!

When you saw it stick, was it actually frozen to the rear glass? Try replacing the wiper blade an see if that helps

Welcome!

Your going to love it here. These guys have the best information about jeeps (and other things :lol:) I have found on the web.

Welcome to Jeepz
Now as Terry suggested try replacing the wiper blade, while doing that check to make sure you cant move the wiper arm on the splined out-put shaft. If it still sticks then the inside gear of the wiper motor is gone...you can try calling around to your local junk yards to see if they have a replacement, before you try the stealership.

Welcome to Jeepz!

A jeep is a lot of fun.

I get a lot of fun and entertainment value out of mine.

Of course, there is always a new mod to do on it, but heck! it's only money!

Tarticulation-1.jpg

Welkom hunter (jou really a hunter?)

Strange feeling ay to use the 4 weeldrive 1st time.
2 weeks ago i both my first jeep too, a cherokee.

See jou around and enjoy the ride.

Thanks, no I'm not really a hunter. But Orion is the name I gave my jeep. I"m loving it!!!! It came with a hard top and I"m looking for a soft top, especially now that the weather is getting better.

Hey, belated welcome to the "Z"!!!!!! Personally, I'm a ragtopper all the way. Wish mine would've come with a hard top............them babies bring good bucks!!!!!

Again.........welcome aboard!!

Orion the hunter? Are you into astronomy? I often take a Celestron 8" computerized telescope on overnight jeep trips. Nothing like observing the stars under dark skies!

Hi all, just thought I'd give an update. I've had the jeep about 5 months now and I still love every minute of it.

I have a soft top now, even took the doors off last weekend, put 'em back on the next day when I took it on the highway (no side mirrors kinda freaked me out). The next upgrade is going to deal with that. I guess I can move them forward, but people are saying it's best to extend them out a bit if I'm gonna do that.
That's about it for now,
Happy hunting everyone!

Back