New to the boards, looking to buy my 1st Jeep

theesublimeone

Hey guys,

My name is Dan, I'm from Long Island, NY. I currently have a 2000 Nissan Xterra with 122k miles and a 2008 Nissan Versa with 45k miles.

The Xterra has needed some repairs lately, and I'd rather get rid of it a year too early than a year too late. I'm sure I can drive it to 200k miles, but I am just afraid of putting too much money into the car when it doesn't have that much resale value anymore, due to the mileage.

In January, I rented a car in Vegas to explore Death Valley, the Grand Canyon, and Zion National Park in Utah. The car was a Jeep Commander, and my wife and I instantly loved the Jeep. The Commander is a bit big and bulky for us, but we have really grown a liking to the Jeep Liberty (for her), and I've always liked the Jeep Wrangler (would be looking at the Unlimited 4 door).

I'm hoping to pick some of youse guys' brains and get input on the best times and dealerships to buy, as I'd like to try to get a good deal on a 2010 (or two!)

Thanks guys, looking forward to being a part of the forum!

Welcome aboard and good luck in your search.

Hi Dan ,
welcome
jeephappy-1.gif
were in Long Island are you from I grew up in smithtown
before you make your finale jeep purchase may I suggest a few pointers
sit down write a list of the things you want in a jeep
for example is it going to be used for long trips
if so be sure what ever model you decide fits you there almost like a shoe
to small means less comfort /leg room ride ect
also consider if it is big enough for your family
what do you expect for performance
do you plane on doing any modifications bigger tires/lift/axle upgrades ect
some jeeps you have unlimited choices of what ever you decide in modifications others not so many
although I like a few of the new jeeps out there I always say they have to many plastic parts and I hate air bags I like older style jeeps more fun building and driving there alot more part friendly
but like everything in this world everyone has there likes and dislikes
Look forward to seeing your new jeep what ever your final choice may be
and yes they are addicting I own 5 of them ranging in age from 1954 to 2010
Hope to see you out on the trails sometime if ever in colorado
Happy jeeping

Back