New to the cherokee thing

Tjrockx

Recently I bought a 97 jeep grand limited. I love it. Good shape,have some things I want to do like start with a stiff suspension in the rear so on and so on. So here's my question. I don't understand the quadtrac 4x4?? When I go to pull into a parking spot,if the wheel is turned hard or in reverse with the wheel turned hard, the jeep wants to hop or skip, like its in four wheel drive all the time?? Is that because it is? Just curious,started freaking out after I bought it thinking something is broke..
Thanks

I would suggest that you service the differentials , t.case and transmission if it hadn't been done yet from the prior owner. Mix 4 oz of friction modifier on the differential fluid and drive it in figure 8's a few times. This will help improve the performance of the differential when turning and minimize the hopping during turns.

I would suggest that you service the differentials , t.case and transmission if it hadn't been done yet from the prior owner. Mix 4 oz of friction modifier on the differential fluid and drive it in figure 8's a few times. This will help improve the performance of the differential when turning and minimize the hopping during turns.
Thanks alot guys, always good to receive useful info, hoping this jeep lasts awhile!!

Back