New (used) axles, what maintenance should I do?

laneiac

RE: Losing power

Picked up a D30/35 combo for $175 bucks with 4:10's. I plan on replacing the brakes front and rear, painting them, and perhaps replacing the tie rod ends and such. I am also going to replace the front seals and install a locker. Any other stuff I should do while I have the opportunity?? Ball joints? Trusses? Or should I not waste any money and just run em till I get nice/ custom axles? Which, by the way, will probably be a while.

I dont think it's worth the hassle. So you pick up a D30/35 with 4.10's. I guess it will be ok if you are running 33's. But you will still end up with a dana 35 and a dana 30. Not that there is anything wrong with the 30. But in the end, your still polishing a turd.

The Next Best Think To Jeepin

Well all I was planning on replacing on the D35 were the brakes and perhaps the seals. The D30 though I am going to replace all the seals and install an Aussie Locker that I have laying around for sure. Both axles will be junked in the future, but for the price that I picked them up, I couldnt refuse. Besides, pushing 33's with 3.07's is a pain, and it was a lot cheaper to buy the axles than to pay to have someone regear my current ones, which would be much more of a waste. Brakes needed done on both axles anyways.

Want to buy a New Liberty.......what are your thoughts?

good score. I got a dead d30 i just sold the arb and r/p out of, if you're looking for a newer tierod and ends i have all that and the steering arm and rancho stabilizer all less than 2 years old. let me know.think we're local.

Back