Newbie..So I get the idiot ?? of the day

YouCanDoIt

First of all I would like to say Jeepz ROCKS!! I have already found ALOT of helpful info. I am very new to the Jeep world but so far love it!! My fiance and I bought a 90 Wrangler about 2 months ago down in Florida and now relocated to Colorado Springs, I was told it has a 2" lift, 32" tires and a 4banger. It looks good (pics to come soon) but there is more to this than just looks. My idiot ? of the day is " how can I tell if my Jeep is a CJ, TJ or whatever and what does it mean"? Another ??...... I have watched scores of videos and read countless articles and looked at other Jeeps, ARE these little toys as capable as they appear? I don't want to make a serious crawler out of this by any means, but the only disappointment thus far is the little 4banger that could engine. I seems to do ok except on highway usage and I am a little scarred to just go out and try to climb up or down anything with the lack of HP...... ANY input is greatly appreciated!!

Wow! Welcome to Jeepz and to Colorado!

We'll have to get together (when the trails open). There is a group headed to Old Chinman's Gulch this weekend, but I am pretty sure that it has a lot of snow on it and is not open. OCG is in Buena Vista.

PM me if you are interested in Colorado resources!!

Since you have a 1990 model Jeep, it is a YJ. Model years 1987-1995 are YJs. Model years 1997-2006 are TJs. Anything 1986 and before is considered a CJ, albeit different versions of the CJ.

Awesome!! TY :) I figured it would be something simple.

Back