no passing gear

woofus

I have a 99 cherokee limited.I was having trouble figuring out about which fuse i had blown and left the key on while i was doing it.when i got done the check engine light stayed on and the transmission won't go into passing gear over 40 mph and feels like it won't go into 4th gear.Any idea's i did try leaving the battery disconected for 1 hour.Any idea's. Thanx Woofus[addsig]

If the '99 has the 45RFE transmission, its all electronic, which means there is a Transmission Control Module probably mounted on the inner fender by the firewall. I'm thinking that you may have blown a fuse by pulling it out with the key on. Recheck all the fuses first. The manual says you need to "recalibrate" a new TCM with a DRB scan tool.

Haynes Manual: In 1999 the 45RFE was introduced on models with the 4.7L V8. This electronically controlled transmission is a multispeed automatic which uses an additional planetary gearset that allows the Transmission Control Moldule to choose between two second gears, which results in smoother passing gear operation.

[addsig]

Back