NOS in my 94 4.0 hummmm?

YuriSouder

i was reading something on here and someone made a "just get nos" comment and it got me thinking. If i were to get nos(not saying i ever will cause it sounds like a broken jeep) what would need to be done to the engine. say like a 50 shot or something. p0pp0p8)p0pp0p

Just scooted this thread over to the performance section.

NOS in light doses Does not harm a motor if the motor is in GOOD condition.... However, it gets addicting to the right foot...... You can set up the NOS to hit light so you don't get the Wham effect that most dragsters want.... Putting the NOS valve farther away from the Motor and the Fuel valve next to the Intake lets the Nos come on soft and gives the motor time to load up a bit on fuel (1/10 of a second or so) before the Nos hit the chambers. It does confuse the crap out of the O2 sensors and EFI making the motor try to run lean, because it sees a rich mix coming from the motor so the engine management cuts back on the injectors.

Yes you can put NOS even on your MTD riding lawn mower, but for what reason? NOS is for top end power, your motor was built for a low to mid range power band. it is not a high end motor from the word go. NOS puts some strain on the pistons, rods and crank. We will leave Transmission, Transfer case, u joints and Axles out of the picture all together this time.

If I was you.... Heck yes I would do it.... But that is just CUZ I is a red neck at heart!!!!!!!!:mrgreen::twisted::bomb::drunk:

Have a good Turkey day weekend dude!!!!!

I had a nitrous set up in my 99 xj. It really gave a nice oomph. But, I blew the motor. My fatal mistake was running a dry set up. But i have heard very good things about well built wet systems.

Vanmantraveler, I have to disagree. Only in the case with jeeps. The older fuel injection simple is so easy and simple to tune. Or at least with my experiences.

HUMMM never messed much with Nos on EFI... just once on a 83 Fbody... messed up the EFI and did strange stuff...as soon as you hit the Nos the Check engine light would come on.... Code would read O2 out of specs. I am always ready to learn more.... Wonder if the newer stuff can handle it better..... I with draw my Statements and bow to the better informed....

Thank you for your in put your have a been a big help. I have 4.6 liter and still looking for more power? Crazy hungh oh well love the HP. Thank you guy's I still looking for my nexted 20 hp.

The '82 f body, did that judge fuel using a MAF or air speed density (MAP)? If you spray nitrous on a MAF sensor the computer will go nuts becuase of the temperature drop (200 degrees) and could damage the wires. I make it a point on any nitrous system to make sure the nitrous hits as few sensors as possible. Luckily with most jeeps, there are very very few sensors, Thats also the reason why they stopped producing the 4.0 (IMHO one of the best engines ever produced), their fuel economy sucks.

I will definately have to agree!! The 4.0 H.O. is by far one if not the best most reliable and durable motors ever to exist!!Hows the turbo set up going?

Unofortunatly the Jeep T-Type is long gone. I had to decide between reliability and "fun". I turned everything back to stock (I feel bad for the poor guy that gets that jeep) and traded it in for a Chrysler 300. I did buy a new bike though, maybe ill put a turbo on that :shades:

Back