Now that hunting season is over

Cappy_TX

I said I'd post a few pics of what we did with the Jeep this season. Here is the front interior showing slip over seat covers. They are not a custom fit but sure get the job done for us. Cost a grand total of 36 for both at Academy Sports.

100_37398-1.jpg

Made a dawg restraint to keep our two Labs from getting from the cargo area into the front seat. Made of 1/2" Schd 40 PVC pipe and fittings, the black frame was the original one but didn't stop the smaller Lab from getting up front if she really wanted up there.

The white portion was just added yesterday to make sure it would work before I glue and paint it. It's secured to the roll bar frame with black ziplock ties so it can be easily removed if need be. The blk/red bungee cord secures our 5 gal gear buckets in place on top of the storage locker when we are under way. Especially important in rough and hilly areas so the dawgs don't get a smashed paw.

100_37418-1.jpg

Couple pics from during the season.

100_37187-1.jpg

100_37077-1.jpg

100_36837-1.jpg

Last two shows the nylon Camo parachute that I modified to go over the jeep. It ties all the way around the bottom at the tires and can handle winds of 40 MPH plus. Allows me to park the Jeep within 30 yards of my wife's blind and the ducks don't even notice it. Guess it looks like the adjacent cedar trees to them.

100_17344-1.jpg

100_17304-1.jpg

100_17544-1.jpg

Last pic shows what size bundle the camo cover folds up into. I have another one that covers the F-150 Super Crew. Also shown are the two shotgun hangers (on each side) that are suspended from the side roll bars putting them up out of the way.

Hunting season isn't over, it's just time for Fox and Yotes. That Camo parachute is a good idea, I'd been toying with the idea of a surplus military vehicle camo cover and decided it was just to heavy. What you have looks light and easy to set up.
I regularly park on well used wild pig trails at night and set up not far from my Jeep. Sometimes the Jeep spooks them, sometimes it doesn't.
Night hunting is allowed here for varmints and Boar, you just can't use lights or night scopes. Full moons are are a popular time to go Boar hunting.
Does that Camo parachute glow a little in moonlight UV?

Does that Camo parachute glow a little in moonlight UV?

There are a least three full moon periods during the length of the waterfowl season from early Teal in Sep through the end of Reg Waterfowl in Jan. I've deployed the camo chute in many of them and have never noticed any glow. Of course, predators have such superior eyesight that they may pick up on something that we wouldn't.

On the other hand, ducks and geese have the advantage of excellent eyesight and an aerial approach where anything out of the ordinary can and usually does spook them. Haven't had that problem, to the best of my knowledge.

There are a least three full moon periods during the length of the waterfowl season from early Teal in Sep through the end of Reg Waterfowl in Jan. I've deployed the camo chute in many of them and have never noticed any glow. Of course, predators have such superior eyesight that they may pick up on something that we wouldn't.

On the other hand, ducks and geese have the advantage of excellent eyesight and an aerial approach where anything out of the ordinary can and usually does spook them. Haven't had that problem, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanx for the feedback, not that big of a deal anyway, I was just curious. Some materials just seem to glow in the moonlight, camo or not. I actually bought some soap awhile back that (supposedly) reduces the glow.
Hunting Fox, Pigs and Yotes, sound, scent and movement is more likely to spook them anyway.
We hunt Ducks a little different here. We hunt Ducks, Hare and Pheasant at the same time. Send the dogs in to flush. Use a mixed pack of Pointers and Retrievers. We usually only hunt one area twice a year (we have half dozen good spots for Duck), in late Autumn and early winter after the first good frost. We have a big lease, mixed farmland, forest and a Creek. Keeping the Fox population down, surely helps the bird population, the Fox kill off the Ducklings quick in the Springtime.

Last edited:
Ha! not for me. I hunt year round for exotics. Not much into water fouls but that's because i haven't had a chance to do it yet.

this weekend, the paper was advertising mossy oak truck rims.

I was trying google them,, But I can't find them on the net,

That would be interesting to see. Post pics when you find e'm.

it was in the news paper, the store was called NTB (not sure if it is a national chain) but there was nothing on their web site..

I'll look

ALCO_Camo1_header_pic-1.jpg

I found these, same wheel but different print. The ones I saw were the Mossy Oak treestand. it even advertised it as Mossy Oak.

Now that is a sweet looking wheel. I don't hardly read the newspaper at all :D. I wonder if you have to buy the wheel like that or have the option of getting your existing wheel done like that:shades:.

Back