October Baseball !!!!

5 Hours and 49 Minutes!!!! Thats how long all of us Red Sox fans were chewing our fingers and pacing in front of the TV and praying last night! Man I can't take this STRESSSSS. Go Sox! :eek: :lol:

Well I know I can't be the only red sox fan to wake up sore this morning from all the stress of last night, felt like I went to the gym yesterday...except I sat on my couch and jumped up and down for almost 6 hours.

Rain would be good for tonight, give our bullpen a rest...and all the fans a rest, man talk about alot of baseball in the last 48 hours

GO SOX!

-b

bizzle i gotta disagree with you there. the yankees bullpen is just as tired, barring a message directly from god, mariano rivera will not get up in the yankees bullpen tonight. we've got arroyo who could still go another few tonight, and wakefield as well if schilling falters, i think for momentum's sake, you want to play the game tonight if you're the sox. dont let the yankees regroup, dont let them realize what's going on.

but hey, like i always, say, thats why they play 7. hopefully the sox just dont make leiber look like cy young tonight.

bchcky said:
bizzle i gotta disagree with you there. the yankees bullpen is just as tired, barring a message directly from god, mariano rivera will not get up in the yankees bullpen tonight. we've got arroyo who could still go another few tonight, and wakefield as well if schilling falters, i think for momentum's sake, you want to play the game tonight if you're the sox. dont let the yankees regroup, dont let them realize what's going on.

but hey, like i always, say, thats why they play 7. hopefully the sox just dont make leiber look like cy young tonight.

My thoughts exactly. The Sox seem better fit for a tired pitching staff. Rain Rain go away!!!

I hope Schilling's ankle holds up. I hated to see that guy get roughed up last time. Not just because I like the Red Sox either. He's a great pitcher.

On a side note, nothing makes me happier to see another Mike Mussina postseason start end up in a loss. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy hehehe :twisted:

i am a lifelong, diehard sox fan, but let me just say, foulke has always and will always scare the living sh!t out of me. oh man was i on the edge of my seat. buy boy did he come up HUGE tonight.

no team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit, let alone force a game 7

why not the sox? why not this year?

there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse there is no curse

I hate baseball, but damn I'm liking the Sox right now. I've even watched quite a bit of the last two games. GO SOX!!

bchcky said:
i am a lifelong, diehard sox fan, but let me just say, foulke has always and will always scare the living sh!t out of me.

The best closers seem to do that. That's where Mariano Rivera's flaw is revealed :lol:

How 'bout A-Rod's Karate chop. I don't know which was worse, the fact that he did it, or the acting job he performed when he tried to play it off :lol:

I guess ya can't blame a guy for trying? :roll:

How 'bout Shilling? What a class act.

All I can say is wow! Sox are on fire! I doubted them when it was 3-0 but now I think with this kind of momentum they will win the ALCS!

GO SOX!

TwistedCopper said:
How 'bout A-Rod's Karate chop. I don't know which was worse, the fact that he did it, or the acting job he performed when he tried to play it off :lol:

I guess ya can't blame a guy for trying? :roll:

How 'bout Shilling? What a class act.
know what....i dont blame him for trying. it was a split second decision, and when he argued after, it was simply to help his team. and when he took the field the next half inning, he was clearly embarrassed. i dont like him as a person, never have, i respect him as a player though, he's a rare talent for sure. i can honestly say that i didnt want him in the offseason for manny.

hey, i dont even like keith foulke! what sox fan can say that? he's a stand up guy, but i dont like him as a pitcher, he scares me to the very bone.

just cause you're on my team, doesnt mean i like you, and just cause you play for the yankees doesnt mean i hate you, i actually like derek jeter, i think he's a hell of a player and competitor.

and CURT SCHILLING yes, what a competitor, amazing. quite frankly, he put his career on the line tonight, at 38, if he'd torn that tendon on the mound tonight, he might have been done. but nothing was going to keep him from going once he got the ok from the doc's. he gained my eternal respect tonight for being one hell of a competitor. [/b]

What about that cheater from the yankees? All the yankee fans cheered like it was some amazing play when he deliberately swatted the ball out of his glove! But when it wa talked over with the ump's and he was out they went nuts. Thing is, he was like"wha....what did I do wrong?" The replays clearly show that he was not moving his arms in a running motion when the ball fell out of the glove.

Sully said:
All I can say is wow! Sox are on fire! I doubted them when it was 3-0 but now I think with this kind of momentum they will win the ALCS!

GO SOX!
sully, i'd say you werent alone. like i said, diehard and lifelong sox fan, but i was losing hope fast. there were people who always had the hope, i thought there was about a .023423% chance of a game 7. but for anyone not on the roster or coaching staff that told you they still thought the sox would win the series, is lying to you through their teeth. and you should definately tape them up on a pole for that :twisted:

Just incredible I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight. Its just that amazing! 1st time in like 25 years!

all i can say is crap, now i have to go to class tomorrow morning, because i'm definately not going to be in any state to go on thursday morning. cant miss 2 days in a row.

Sully said:
Just incredible I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight. Its just that amazing! 1st time in like 25 years!
yeah, adrenaline is flowing, sleep will be tough, class even tougher...

as curt schilling said in 2001:

"mystique and aura are table dancers, they have nothing to do with the world series"

so yanks fans, go play with mystique and aura, and then take your 26 world series rings and shove them up your ass

I have not really responded to this thread, but I am gonna now! I was, am, will always be a red soxs fan (even during the early 90's when they really sucked) But I have a couple things to say!

1. Fox comentators Suck! I want Rem Dog back!

2. Coming back from a 3-0 loss to tie up and push game 7, first time ever and insane!

3. Pitching last night by Schilling! AWESOME

4. Sometimes when you think it is in the Bag, Guess again

5. and Yankee Fans, that bitter taste of LOSS in your mouth Never goes away!

Game 7 Will be a Nail Biter!

this day is such a drag. i'm in the middle of my day right now just hanging out at a computer lab on campus between classes. 2 down, 2 to go. game time cannot come quick enough, as if time didnt already move slow during class, its moving slow ALL day now. bring on the f'in yanks! :!: :!:

Back