Oil Pressure Running Full Tilt!

Tug-n-pull

I think the sending unit just bit the big one or something went! All of a suddent my gauge reads super oil pressure peged out when running and about 50 % with the engin off and key on. I have a 87 YJ 4 banger. Anyone out there had this trouble before? Anyone out there fixed this trouble? Thanks Tug [addsig]

hey Tug I have had the same problem

I just replaced the sending unit and it stopped...

mine was because I touched the sending unit pushing it down into itself, it soon had a small leak sending the gauge through the roof

the part was about thirteen dollars at a local franchise of a large chain

of auto parts stores and it took less than five minutes for a buddy to put it in

hope this saves ya some time and heartache

from somewhere in podunk West (by God) Virginia

Cletus the slack jawed yocal

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Probably a faulty sending unit, but is occasionally a bad ground or contact somewhere. Put a jumper wire between the top case of the sending unit, to a good ground and see what the needle does. Ground the power wire, to a good ground, the needle should fall all the way, on most models. Tech tip, don´t try to remove or tighten the sending unit, by the handy nut looking thing on the top, will mess up the sending unit often. Loosen and tighten from the bottom. The top half will sometimes spin on the bottom half, messing up the ground, or internal wiring.[addsig]

Back