Ok boys help a girl out

jeepmissy

I took my jeep in for a diagnostic... and i just got a call.... he told me it was the oxygen sensor... how big of thing is this?...

The part should cost around 40-75 but depending on your mechanic and how overpriced he/she is, the labor could be anwhere from 100-300. I say do it yourself or expect to pay at least 200-250. If it is more than that find a new mechanic. My girlfriend's mother got taken for 1100 for both oxygen sensors in her 96 mazda millenia. I almost choked on my own tongue when I heard what she had done. Damn foreign cars.

Jeepmissy,

I just re-read your first post. It would appear that you purchased the Jeep on 20 August.

Did you purchase the Jeep from a new/used car dealer?

If "yes," it would seem that the cost of replacing the O2 sensor should be covered by some sort of warranty/guarantee.

Regards,

Inspector-Gadget

Usually a 94 isn't covered by any warrantee, I thought. Mostly sold "As-Is"

thanks

i bought it from neither... not a dealer... just a guy... and i did call him... he didnt know what i was talking about... and if its pretty easy to fix im not going to make a big stink about it... i took it for a test drive before and it wasnt showing up as a problem so i honestly dont think he knew about it...if it had been something major then id have to go postal... but for that i think i can be ladylike :wink:

OK...I knew the warranty question would be a long-shot, but despite that, possibly worth asking.

The consumer protection laws regarding the sale of used vehicles by a licensed dealer vary a great deal among the states.

Oh, well...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Regards,

Gadget

ah a month after i bought my 95 YJ my oil pump and o2 sensor went...

people told me my jeep was just goin through puberty. anyways, long story short, i bought it from dealer and they had 90 day warranty... got it all covered. even a free oil change.

an O2 sensor is about 62$ (at least in Utah) and found on the exhaust. The best thing is to let a good mechanic fix it for you unless your handy with a set of tools. It only takes about 30 minutes to change( the battle to unloosen it is the fun part). Just unplug it and re-install.it should be less than a hundred buchs to replace if you have a mechanic do it.

I agree with UTah. It should be a little over $100 with parts and labor if you don't get ripped too bad. I had mine done on my '93 for $250 but that included a few other things also.
Mike

All you have to do is buy the o2 and unscrew it from the manifold. un hook the wires. Then re screw the 02 in and plug the wires back in. All you pay for is the part. 5 min Tops.

Back