OT- Fantasy Football Picks

mingez

Okay, the fantasy board is useless, so I'll pose this to some of you guys.

Who would you start on your fantasy team as a "Flex" player? (No Fan Picks please.)

Michael Clayton vs. New Orleans
Amani Toomer @ Dallas
Cedrick Wilson vs. Arizona

This is for my "Flex Position" or 3rd WR spot. Amani Toomer is normally a solid # 2, but he's been unproductive and is up against a tough opponent.

TIA Jeepz Peepz.

i think wilson might be your best bet. clayton is going to have a young qb in simms throwing to him this week, like you said, dallas is a tough opponent that will not allow toomer to run free downfield on them, cedrick wilson would be my pick.

if your third WR is your biggest issue, you're better off then i am. my team is currently 4-0, but mcnabb's got a bye this week, up to this point, unless another good option surfaces, kerry collins is my qb for the week.....

I agree with bchcky. I'd stay away from anyone on that Tampa offense (if that's what you call it), and since you don't seem to want Toomer, take Wilson against historically bad Arizona and cross your fingers.

bchcky said:
i think wilson might be your best bet. clayton is going to have a young qb in simms throwing to him this week, like you said, dallas is a tough opponent that will not allow toomer to run free downfield on them, cedrick wilson would be my pick.

if your third WR is your biggest issue, you're better off then i am. my team is currently 4-0, but mcnabb's got a bye this week, up to this point, unless another good option surfaces, kerry collins is my qb for the week.....

I think I am going with Wilson. My problem is that I've got my starting QB, Trent Green (who's now doing well) and my #2 RB Brian Westbrook (who's been performing better than my #1 RB) on a bye week. I'm having to start Vinny Testeverde and Michael Pittman. I'm crossing all sorts of fingers this week.

As for The Tampa Bay Offense, I think that Pitt might have a decent game. with Simms taking the helm, they'll look to run more...hopefully.

I'm 3-1.

I'm 3-1, too. I think you're right about Pittman - he looked real good last week (about the only thing about that offense that looked good). Unfortunately I was a big Bucs fan for many years (many nasty, nasty years and a few good ones) and it's sad to see the shape they're in now. They never should have got rid of Tony Dungee. Gruden won the Super Bowl but it was with Dungee's team. Oh well, I live in Carolina now so I'm pullin' for the Panthers (tho not in the fantasy league). Good luck with Vinny - with him you never know. One of my QB's is Leftwich (Jacksonville). Still waitin' for him to do me some good. Gotta love those fantasy leagues, though - makes watchin' ALL the games interesting.

well mingez, lets hope your wr pick goes well, cause i just picked up rattay with the favorable matchup against arizona since mcnabb has a bye this week. i had collins initially, i dont think he'll repeat last week's dismal performance, but lets just say arizona has the ability to make anyone a good fantasy pick :wink:. i'm 4-0 like i said, it would be huge to remain undefeated during mcnabb's bye week.....

....and since none of you are in my league, a little helpful hint maybe if you're strugglin at RB, chester taylor, not this week, but when jamal lewis starts serving his suspension, he's going to get a lot of carries.

bchcky said:
well mingez, lets hope your wr pick goes well, cause i just picked up rattay with the favorable matchup against arizona since mcnabb has a bye this week. i had collins initially, i dont think he'll repeat last week's dismal performance, but lets just say arizona has the ability to make anyone a good fantasy pick :wink:. i'm 4-0 like i said, it would be huge to remain undefeated during mcnabb's bye week.....

....and since none of you are in my league, a little helpful hint maybe if you're strugglin at RB, chester taylor, not this week, but when jamal lewis starts serving his suspension, he's going to get a lot of carries.

Already looked at Chester Taylor, but I'm sticking with Pittman, since he's got the young QB behind him. I hope they run plenty.

Back