Over my head???

woodpile

Probably bein a hopeless Q being impossible to really know w/out seein it in the flesh... Anyway just bought a 96 Cherokee and maybe 2 days later and came home too fam only realize what we all kno right? That reality doesn't hesitate to suprise w/ a slap in face. It smarts a bit but that life. Back to jeep, basicly in my fit of anger I took off overcompensated and kissed tree in my own damn yard. Thers more damage than I'd ever thought would happen w/in 25' or so. I know first thing is gettin front pulled out so I can get in ther. Not sure best way to do this. Tree and com-along best I've came up with. Now the motor. Tweeked a bit, I'm 99% positive the harmonic balancer break off all around crank shaft w/out damaging the crank...bent fan into pullies and belt condenser/radiator smashed of course fan housing busted and my biggest concern is up in front corner the frame kinda in front the alternator is tweeked a bit ... I'm sure I missed something and not sure what input I'm expecting maybe someone has handled simular frontend project, I'm gonna start the hunt for parts in morn got a not so able buddy to help good he knows a Lott more when it comes to this. Ironic though I crush/bale cars for a living never once thought how hard straightening crunched steel back into shape.woulb Sorry had a few not sure what sucks more cheat***** or the fact that I didn't even make it out of my yard. I am grateful he had left few min b4 I got home cuz this jeep would be the last of my problems. Agains folks thanks new on here and if nothing else lie and say that's an easy fix,.....

Fix the first problem first, that's to send baby doll packing down the road. It's gonna happen again, so dont waste your time or money on something that's useless as tits on a bull. Take the money ya save from getting rid of trash and invest it in your jeep. Good luck bro, been there done that.

Yea I'd say a come a long would pull alot of it out if it don't drag it. You may have to scotch it or something. Be sure ot check the crank for damage when you can get to it. They are cast and wont take much of hit without damage. When you get the new balancer on it and get it to run make sure it don't have a vibration. That could be from the balancer being hit. Wish ya luck with it all.

the fix is not that bad , get the front striped off good , bumper grill and other areas before trying to straighten , the radiator support will pull out easier and is more flexible with less tied into it and then you can see what needs fixed in the engine area , that damage looks worse than it is , and with the frame area bent in front of the alternator depends on how bad , I have cut off frames if badly bent and found a donor piece and welded in , its all in front of the wheels and just for support and easier to cut and replace unless its not bent that bad and you can heat with torch and pull out quite alot if a way to tie it down ,

Back